6.0.4 not running after upgrade

I upgraded from 5.1.3 to 6.0.4 following the upgrade steps in https://manual.seafile.com/deploy/upgrade.html.

After doing so, I run ./seafile.sh start with no errors, but when i try to run ./seahub.sh start I get an error like “Error:Seahub failed to start.”

The whole command is here:

USER@Server:~/SeaFile/seafile-server-6.0.4$ ./seafile.sh start

[09/30/16 09:57:27] …/common/session.c(132): using config file /home/USER/SeaFile/conf/ccnet.conf
Starting seafile server, please wait …
Seafile server started

Done.
USER@Server:~/SeaFile/seafile-server-6.0.4$ ./seahub.sh start

LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
Starting seahub at port 8000 …
Error:Seahub failed to start.
Please try to run “./seahub.sh start” again

If I run “sudo ./seahub.sh start” the command completes successfully, but when I open the web interface it doesn’t show the libraries. The same happens with the desktop client.

Alternatively, if I run the 5.1.3 it works perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

Tks!

Edit: Aditional info, I’m running SeaFile on Ubuntu Server, with MySQL.

might be you did run the upgrade script with “sudo” ? Check if some of the files of are owned by root.
Check if “chown yourseafileuser.yourseafilegroup -R” on your Seafile directory does fix it for you

@Weeehe

I’ve checked the permissions on seafile-data folder and seafile-server-6.0.4, ccnet and seahub-data.

Made sure that they all are owned by my user and group, but I’m still finding the same problem.

Any other folder you’d suggest me to check the permissions on?

And you’re right, I might have run the script with root privileges.

Tks for the help!
:wink:

Apparently the recursive permissioning command didn’t worked correctly, and that’s why the solution proposed didn’t fixed the problem.

I went back and redid every folder and sub-folder, and the problem appears to be gone.

I’ll post back if anything else happens.

Thanks for the support.
:wink:

1 Like