6.3 to 7.0 upgrade problems

I am currently running a seafile pro 6.3.13 instance in docker. I saw the notice about the restructure of the docker containers for version 7. Today I tried following the instructions here but in the end was not able to get it working. I un-tarred my backup files and got 6.3 back running. The error message I was getting after the attempted upgrade was

Updating seafile/seahub database …
seafile |
seafile | [INFO] You are using MySQL
seafile | [INFO] updating ccnet database…
seafile | [ERROR] Failed to connect to mysql database ccnet_db: Access denied for user ‘seafile’@‘172.18.0.4’ (using password: YES)

I followed the instructions very carefully and confirmed that I had the correct database password in the configuration files and in the mysql commands. I wonder if the problem is that I was trying to upgrade from pro but the yml file only mentions the community edition. Has anyone else had luck upgrading? Are there different instructions for the pro verions? It’s a bit of a headache to go through the process, and roll back if it doesn’t work, so I’m not sure what I should try next. Thanks in advance for any help.

The document is for the CE edition. The one for Pro edition is here: https://download.seafile.com/published/support/docker/pro-edition/6.3%20upgrade%20to%207.0.md

Well that’s egg on my face. Thanks a ton Daniel. I had a feeling since the instructions I was following mentioned the community edition but I couldn’t find the pro instructions. I’ll give it a whirl again later today.

So I followed the correct instructions and they worked. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
My only feedback is I think the instructions should recommend using docker volumes instead of mounting directories. I think it’s better practice with containers and it’s how I’m running things.

1 Like