Adding new page to help

Hi,
I’m on 6.02 pro version.
i have the same need as this user on the other forum : https://forum.seafile.de/t/adding-new-page-to-help/3973

I’d like to add pages to help.
I edited url.py, but i can’t figure out how to add it to the /custom/templates folder.
Do you have any solution/turnaround ?
Is it still possible to use a public wiki in a public group ?
Regards,
Gautier

We will give an example to you tomorrow.

The public group is a deprecated feature (for security reasons and for reducing the maintenance cost) and not used except in seacloud.cc.

as the manual says, first you create a folder called custom in seahub-data directory

mkdir  <seafile-install-path>/seahub-data/custom

then, create a symbolic link by

ln -s <seafile-install-path>/seahub-data/custom <seafile-install-path>/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media/custom

copy html file to <seafile-install-path>/seahub-data/custom by

cp -r <seafile-install-path>/seafile-server-latest/seahub/seahub/help/templates/ <seafile-install-path>/seahub-data/custom

now, folders/files in seahub-data directory will be like this

└── seahub-data
    ├── avatars
    │   ├── default-non-register.jpg
    │   ├── default.png
    │   └── groups
    │       └── default.png
    ├── custom
    │   └── templates
    │       └── help
    │           ├── base.html
    │           ├── conflicts.html
    │           ├── desktop_proxy.html
    │           ├── encrypted_libraries.html
    │           ├── ignore.html
    │           ├── install.html
    │           ├── selective_sync.html
    │           ├── sync_existing.html
    │           ├── sync_interval.html
    │           └── unsync_resync.html

finally, modify the html files in the ../seahub-data/custom/templates/help, you will see the new help page after fresh.

Hi,

I need to add new pages and delete some.
Is it possible with this solution ?
I thought i had to edit url.py in /seafile-server-latest/seahub/seahub/help or copy all help files to seafile-server-latest/seahub/media/custom and edit them, but it doesn’t work.

Regards,
Gautier

Hi @lian,
Thank you for your answer, but the manual does not include any tip to add or delete pages as i’d like (see my previous post).
Regards,
Gautier

Sorry for I did not notice your previous post.

If you want to add new help page, after you have completed the steps I mentioned earlier, you should:

1. cd <seafile-install-path>/seahub-data/custom/templates/help

2. edit base.html, add a new-help li element

<li class="tab"><a href="{{ SITE_ROOT }}help/ignore/">{% trans "Excluding files" %}</a></li>
    <li class="tab"><a href="{{ SITE_ROOT }}help/new-help/">{% trans "new-help" %}</a></li>
</ul>
<h3 class="hd">{% trans "Security and Encryption" %}</h3>
  1. ceate a new new-help.html file by copying an existed file: cp install.html new-help.html

2. edit new-help.html page:

{% extends "help/base.html" %}
{% load i18n %}

{% block help_con %}

<h3 class="hd">{% trans "New help" %}</h3>

<p>new help</p>

{% endblock %}
  1. edit <seafile-install-path>/seafile-server-latest/seahub/seahub/help/urls.py, add an url for new-help
    (r'^ignore/$', TemplateView.as_view(template_name="help/ignore.html") ),
    (r'^encrypted_libraries/$', TemplateView.as_view(template_name="help/encrypted_libraries.html") ),
    (r'^new-help/$', TemplateView.as_view(template_name="help/new-help.html") ),
)
  1. restart Seafile/Seahub