Adding unknown user to group

Bonjour,

Before the upgrade to version 6 (I was in 4.2.3), I could had an unknown email address to a sharing group, resulting in an invitation email, and a validation from admin to activate the account.

Since version 6 ( 6.0.6 linux 64 bits), if i had an unknown mail address to a group, I get user unknown …

No modifications on my params in seahub_settings.py:
ENABLE_SIGNUP = True
ACTIVATE_AFTER_REGISTRATION = False
SEND_EMAIL_ON_ADDING_SYSTEM_MEMBER = True
CLOUD_MODE = True
ENABLE_GLOBAL_ADDRESSBOOK = True

Is this a new way to handle users registration in version 6 seafile server ?

Thanks

Soory for my poor english: you should read “add” and not “had” !

In version 6.0, you have to add the user into the system first before adding it to a group.

The old way caused some confusion for some other users.

Thanks for the answer.
In our case the old way was much better, because it was easiest to delegate user creation / invitation to users, admin had only to validate users.

Hi,

Sorry to wake up this old thread… We just updated from 4.4.4 to 6.3.4 and we face of the same problem.

To avoid anybody to signup, in 4.4.4 we configured (ENABLE_SIGNUP = True) but we didn’t display the signup link on the login page. In this way we limited the registration to only “invited” users.

Do you think that the “Automatically send invitation to unknown user” feature could be integrated again in future versions of Seafile as a configuration parameter or is it completely abandoned ?