Up @Jonathan !
"The french user community" (@gauburtin @David @simon.piquard) is also very interested in this subject..
We talk about this together (especially about end-user documentation) and first, we find too many differents documentations and informations in differents places :
- "Seahub" documentation (html)
- "Github" documentation (markdown)
- Seafile website documentation
We think it would be great to improve end-user documentation with some ideas that could be :
- first : only one documentation !
- documentation versioning : for different Seafile Server versions features
- documentation versioning : for Community and Pro features
- explicite indications for Client version features
- documentation translation (automatically generate with any tool, and maybe share to community to sum to corrections -> something like transifex ?)
After that, documentation could be on your website (for latest Server version), and in seahub for different server versions.
Another important idea : documentation could be in markdown format (on seahub) to allow Seafile administrator (for example) to edit or add documentation easily, for example to meet specific needs or to correct a bad translation (until the correction is propagated in the next version).
I think these are not too complicated changes to put in place (at least a part of), but they could change many things for us.
It's only some ideas, and we are open to discuss about other solutions, but it's sure for us, just like it seems to be for @DerDanilo that documentation can and must be improved.
Finally, can we hope for some changes shortly ?
Thank you for reading my entire speech
PS: About admin documentation, I personally think it would be great to redesign it totally, and provide version would correspond to each different server version.