After upgrade to 7.1.5 community "Page unavailable" error - for just one user

OK, so I’ve had Seafile Community 7.0.5. Upgraded to 7.1.5 via upgrade script. After upgrade, one user account (and only one) has “Page unavailable” error when accessing via browser.

Tried several browsers, and internet connections. Didn’t help. Other users work fine. Tried system admin access, only office, pdf viewer with other user - everything works fine. Problem is isolated to one user. Also, this user works from the seafile app, only browser issues, but all browsers.

Tried OS/pip update, restarted seafile, no effect, same errors. Running on CentOS 7, with python3 installed as in the manual.

Got some errors in log, but don’t understand how they are user related. Could it be that some file in the users library is creating a problem? I’ll paste the logs to the end of this post.

The fact that it happens with just one user clearly makes it related to that users content, I just need a pointer where to look…

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
2020-11-20 21:53:14,200 [WARNING] django.request:152 get_response Not Found: /favicon.ico
2020-11-20 21:53:33,904 [WARNING] django.request:152 get_response Not Found: /sitemap.xml
2020-11-20 21:53:34,108 [WARNING] django.request:152 get_response Not Found: /.well-known/security.txt

bind_template
updates.update(processor(self.request))
File “/root/seafile-server-7.1.5/seahub/seahub/base/context_processors.py”, line 99, in base
avatar_url, is_default, date_uploaded = api_avatar_url(username, 72)
File “/root/seafile-server-7.1.5/seahub/seahub/avatar/util.py”, line 42, in cached_func
return cache.get(key) or cache_set(key, func(user, size))
File “/root/seafile-server-7.1.5/seahub/thirdpart/django/core/cache/backends/filebased.py”, line 41, in get
return pickle.loads(zlib.decompress(f.read()))
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

Can’t fit everything. Can’t add link to pastebin, use, if you will following pastebin :

V8g53uFZ

I think I had a similar problem.

Try to start and stop memcached or delete the cache on /tmp/seahub_cache

Full post: Server 7.1.4 ARM Ubuntu 18.04 Specific User cannot login to seahub

Thanks, that fixed it!

I’ve checked the forum for answers, but didn’t look at Arm Ubuntu post for x64/CentOS :slight_smile: