Android Setup for file syncing?

Where can I find a “how to” setup on Android? I search some the forum and I understand Foldersync is necessary but I dont see a way of setting up Seafile as it not on the option down options for a Cloud service.

I’m not certain exactly what you are asking, but the Seafile app for smartphones is basically a browser. It works much the same as accessing Seafile from the web ui. You can browse, download, and upload files. The only thing you can technically “sync”, which is not really syncing, is contacts and photos, but those are backups as opposed to syncing.

1 Like

If you are really crazy you can root your device and try to compile seafile client for command line.

1 Like

“The only thing you can technically “sync”, which is not really syncing, is contacts and photos, but those are backups as opposed to syncing.”

wthess,

I see the browser component. and basis up/down functions. I do not see an option to automatically back up my photo’s.

In the app, click the three dots, then settings… Scroll down and you will see “enable camera upload” as one of the options.