Auto-provisionning ldap users and auth id?

Hello,
My organization uses a samba ldap directory, which is connected to seafile server. We were using seafile since the beginnings, with a server-side seafile client on our samba fileserver (I made a patch few years ago allowing uid/gid changes by library). But this solution has some limitations, the main one being the duplication of all the data between seafile server and samba server.
I made some tests with seadrive, and the results are very promising, so i’m investigating in replacing some sambe services by seadrive.

I want to deploy seadrive on windows clients for all usersof my domain. I have two questions :

1 - is there a way to provision directly all my users into seafile, whithout the need of a first login to be registered, for example to be members or groups or added to shared libraries ?

2 - is there a way to generate user’s authid programatically, allowing generation of seadrive preconfigured profiles packages distributed by GPO, for example.

In other words, is there a kind of delegation for authentification, allowing admin to to generate user’s authid without having to access user’s password ? my domain is already synced with Google Apps for education, so using Oauth may be an option, but if possible I’d prefer an internal solution, not relying on external services.

Thanks,

Denis

2 Likes