Cannot create new library, folder, etc from the web interface

I cannot create new library, folder or files from within web interface even as admin. Logs seem irrelevant. Using seafile client, drive or mobile app everything works fine.
I am out of ideas. Thank you for help!

What have you done so far? Have you …
… tried with different browsers (preferably Chrome)?
… disabled any adblocker in browser?
… emptied browser cache?
… started browser in safe-mode (all add-ons disabled)?
… diabled AV software on client?
… tested on a different computer / your mobile phone?

PS: I hesitated to answer your question. Your 5 sentences contain very little relevant information. If you seek help, you should enable others to help you by providing pertinent information. Relevant would be a.) what measures have you tried out, b.) what Seafile Server version and edition, c.) log file data, … That you are “out of ideas” is of very little relevant.

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for your kind reply. I knew that my request was kind of sparse and I was thinking that somebody else came across the same situation. I am using community edition and went through all your suggested test, btw
All the buttons in the upper position of the main page works except the "new"and “share” ones in all contexts.
I have tried to insert DEBUG = True in seahub_settings.py to get more information in logs but to no avail. Everything looks fine. As I can remember this buttons were working when I have first installed the server but it went through some upgrades. I have tried to roll-back but nothing changed. I only used it through client and drive so I didn’t observed this lack of functionality until last week. Is it something I can do to change the log level? I haven’t find anything about in the documentation.

Thank you.

Hi Viorel_Margineanu,

just another idea: did you use custom css code? If you use for example this Github Green Custom Code, this could also prevent the function of some buttons.

Best regards
Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Thank you. This solved the problem.

Best regards,

Viorel

Glad the combined forum power could help you solve your problem. Please mark as solved.

Hey Viorel,

if you want to color up your seafile system again, please try seamate:

This will not disable any buttons or functions.

Best regards
Christoph

1 Like

Hi Christoph,

You’ve made my day. It works like magic.
Thank you again and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Viorel