Can't access my Seafile Server

Hello!
For a long time, i used the server 4.1.2 now. The new clients don’t work anymore with the 4.x series, so i tried to update. Im using the Raspberry Pi Server version (6.2.2) on a Banana Pi. All upgrade scripts went well, i added the additional python packages.
seafile.sh starts, however on starting seahub i get the following message:

LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
./seahub.sh: line 209: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
Starting seahub at port 8000 …
Seahub is started
Done.

Now, i can’t access the server, neither by clients or browsers (no connection possible). The problem could be the warning that i get- but it also could be that im not sure if i understood correctly: Do i need to set up apache now for the new versions? I tried to follow the steps to connect my installation with apache, but that didn’t help either… All .log files are empty.

Does someone have an idea?

PS: if i stop via seahub.sh, it says “Seahub is not running”, so im not even sure if seahub really starts or is stopped internally…

Are you using the same user (user that owns the seafile directory) to start and stop seafile & seahub? You can do a “ps aux | grep seahub” to see which user has started the process/see if it’s running and you could do a “systemctl status seahub.service” to see if there was a problem. Apache or Nginx are for mainly for HTTPS connections and are not “needed” to have the server function, but I would recommend one of them for added security and they’re both relatively easy to implement, I prefer Nginx with a Lets Encrypt for the cert.

Post your configs with the necessary info commented out and someone here will be able to point you in the right direction.

Hello @sgtPepper,
Thank you for your help! “ps aux | grep seahub” is responding the following:

bananapi 4995 0.0 0.0 3540 728 pts/0 S+ 10:14 0:00 grep --color=auto seahub

And bananapi is also the owner of the seafile directory. I can’t fire “systemctl status” because im using the lemaker Banana Pi Raspbian, where Systemd is not installed…

EDIT
I was starting the seafile.sh as user bananapi, because the script asked me to start it as the same user as the seafile-data owner. However when i started the seahub.sh as the same user, it didn’t work as described above. I tried now to start the seahub.sh as root and now i can access the seafile web frontend.
but the main library has the following text: " Error (please contact the admin to recover this library " in german. The desktop client can’t achieve my data, too…

Okay, simpliest way to get to my files again was changing the entire “seafile-data” to root as well and start both seafile.sh and seahub.sh as root user. Not secure- but at least i can access my files again.

Create a Seafile user, change alle the files to be owned by it and always launch Seafile as the Seafile user. That won’t raise any issues. And in case there are just run a recursive ownerchip change to Seafile and try again.