Can't add a user to a group ("Permission denied")

Hi !

I’ve been trying to add a user to a group, but Seafile is telling us:

[ERROR] seahub.api2.endpoints.admin.group_members:127 post Permission error: only group staff can add member

Needless to say, I’m root, and neither me or the group propietary were able to add a member.

An interesting point is, the user is receiving the notification as if added to the group, but actually its not.
Kind regards !

Which version of Seafile do you use?

Most recently available, 7.1.5

Any related logs in ccnet.log?

Nothing on ccnet.log:

[10/06/20 12:34:28] start to serve on pipe client
[10/06/20 12:36:27] start to serve on pipe client
[10/06/20 12:38:31] start to serve on pipe client
[10/06/20 12:38:36] start to serve on pipe client

Seafile shows “Internal server error” in web, and I see the error I reported on first post, on seahub.log

2020-10-06 10:39:52,097 [ERROR] seahub.api2.endpoints.admin.group_members:127 post Permission error: only group staff can add member

Hello.

Unfortunately, we can’t reproduce this problem on our side, can you describe the steps to reproduce it in detail?

Good morning Lian,

The steps I took were:

1.- Create new user
2.- Add user to a previously existing group

After this, I’ve seen the error I’m mentioning, like a “toast” in web browser, and at log as shown.

Please note this is an updated Seafile from 5.0.4 or so, may the migrations cause this ?

Not even a clue ?

Hello.

This situation is very rare, can you give us a test account for both Seafile and your linux server, so we can reproduce this problem and login to your linux server to debug?

Hi,

Unfortunately I’m afraid I won’t be able to do so, since the server holds really sensible data and company politics explicitly forbid that kind of external access.

For now, I’ve gone workaround with users individually, instead of groups.

Kind regards,