Can't start seahub after migration from 6.3.4 to 9.0.10

Hello everyone, I would really appreciate some help.

I have migrated version 6.3.4 to 9.0.10, installed locally, and now I can’t get seahub to start. The error I have is as follows:

LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
Starting seahub at port 8000 ...

Error happened during creating seafile admin.

Error:Seahub failed to start.
Please try to run ‘./seahub.sh start’ again

When migrating from 6.3 to 7.0 I got these errors, but everything seemed to work fine after the migration:

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seahub_db.TotalStorageStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seahub_db.TotalStorageStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seahub_db.FileOpsStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seahub_db.FileOpsStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seahub_db.UserActivityStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, "Table 'seahub_db.UserActivityStat' doesn't exist")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1051, "Unknown table 'seahub_db.UserTrafficStat'")
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1091, "Can't DROP 'profile_profile_contact_email_0975e4bf_uniq'; check that column/key exists")
Done

Then I migrated from 7.0 to 7.1:

[INFO] updating seahub database...
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1091, "Can't DROP 'drafts_draft_origin_file_uuid_7c003c98_uniq'; check that column/key exists")
Done

Then 7.1 to 8.0 and 8.0 to 9.0, with no errors. But seahub doesn’t start, and I’m not sure what can I do or where to look for more information.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

You can modify conf/gunicorn.conf , change daemon = True to daemon = False , then run ./seahub.sh again. If there are missing Python dependencies, the error will be reported in the terminal.

For database upgrade issue, please check below:

If you failed to upgrade the database during major or minor version upgrade, you can try to login into the database directly and run the SQL upgrade statements manually.

The SQL upgrade statements can be found at: seahub/scripts/upgrade/sql at master · haiwen/seahub · GitHub

You can find the correct version of MySQL tables at:

seahub_db: seahub/sql/mysql.sql at master · haiwen/seahub · GitHub
seafile_db and ccnet_db: seafile-server/scripts/sql/mysql at master · haiwen/seafile-server · GitHub

Thank you very much!. I restored the 6.3 version yesterday, I’ll try with this approach as soon as possible and will tell you the results.

Running seahub in no-daemon mode show me the error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'captcha'

It seems I forgot to run the pip install command. I was unable to install the dependencies because it’s an old server, it’s running 18.04 with python 3.6 and the libraries don’t install.

I left the seafile server on 7.0 until I can migrate the server to the newest ubuntu version.