Client problems after upgrade to Seafile 6.0.0 beta

Hi there!

Thanks for your effort you put into Seafile. I have just upgraded my Seafile-server from 5.1.1 to 6.0.0 beta on my raspberry pi and I have to deal with some problems.

What did I do?

I stopped seafile services, downloaded the seafile 6.0.0 beta for raspberry and installed it as the manual provides:

• Manually installed python-urllib3
  • Changed ownership of seafile folder after unpacking
  • Used the upgrade script to upgrade from 5.1.0 to 6.0.0
  • Restarted the seafile and seahub services

What works?

Seafile/Seahub server is running, the web frontend works, I see all librarys and can upload / download files. On Ubuntu the Seafile application can sync changes.

Problem description

On Android the app failed to load the library overview. There is no error message, it just does not load. After logoff and a tried logon to the account there is an error message “Internal Server Error”. I cannot add the account again.

On Ubuntu the application does not show the library overview, too. There is an error message like " Failed to load library information".

Can you help me with that? Are there any logs I can provide?

Kind regards,
Christian

Also have Login Problems with Android 6. But I’m running Seafile Server 5.1.4. Here, I get no error message, it just cannot login / hangs on loading the libraries and falls back to login screen.

Best regards,
Jochen

Please check seahub_django_request.log at the server.

I’m not experiencing this issue and everything appears to be running normal under android.

Android 6.0.1 - Seafile client ver 2.1.3

FreeBSD 11 beta3 - Seafile server 6.0.0, Seahub 5.1.10.

TBH it seems like it is running better than ever…

Also updated my x86-64-Server to 6.0.0. At home (where my server is located) it’s working without problems, but have the same problem since upgrade at my friends place with the mac client version 5.1.4.

Restarting seafile client resolved the issue (had to restart several times). Maybe it was somehow related to the wireless internet connection: Several times I lost internet connection after a sleep of my mac (he has a new vodafone router, maybe not the best gadget)

Please check the logs/seafile-applet.log. If the “library overview” fails to load, there should be error messages in that file.

after updating to v6 everything works fine
debian8
apache2
android601

Can you check what’s in “logs/seahub*.log” ?

For the seahub_django_request.log I posted a pastebin link but my post was hidden. Is there any problem with providing logs over that site? Where should I provide logs?
There are many errors in this file but I can’t figure out why…

Summary:

2016-08-10 17:18:26,185 [ERROR] django.request:256 handle_uncaught_exception Internal Server Error: /api2/repos/ Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/user/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.10-py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 132, in get_response response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs) File "/home/user/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.10-py2.7.egg/django/views/decorators/csrf.py", line 58, in wrapped_view return view_func(*args, **kwargs) File "/home/user/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.10-py2.7.egg/django/views/generic/base.py", line 71, in view return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/home/user/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.0/seahub/seahub/api2/base.py", line 23, in dispatch response = super(APIView, self).dispatch(*a, **kw) File "/home/user/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.0/seahub/thirdpart/djangorestframework-3.3.2-py2.7.egg/rest_framework/views.py", line 466, in dispatch response = self.handle_exception(exc)

The seahub.log only has one line with an error from 2016-01-29.

There may be the same issue as: https://github.com/haiwen/seafile/pull/1738

It will be fixed in the next release.

1 Like

I just wanted to say thanks to the Seafile team! Workaround works perfectly. :+1: