Copied entire ../seafile to a new directory and ./seahub.sh won't launch

Hi all

I’ve been happily running my own seafile server since 2016 and recently I’ve moved (using mv) my seafile directory from /home/seafile to /opt/seafile. I did this in preparation for upgrading to 7.0. I have modified my …/seafile/ccnet/seafile.ini directory to mirror the changed location. I’ve also updated my nginx config file for this change. ./seafile.sh starts no problems. Is there any other config files i need to update?

I’m not seeing any particular errors in the seahub.log, i’m only getting an info message about seafevents.db. What i get in the command line is as follow:

LANG is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
./seahub.sh: line 231: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
Starting seahub at port 8000 …
Error:Seahub failed to start.

My current version is seafile server pro 6.3.9 running on Debian 9.9.

Any Help would be hugely appreciated :slight_smile:

File system rights sat correctly? You could add DEBUG=true to your seahub_settings.py to get more information.

1 Like

Yep, i believe, so It was set as 755, but i’ve tried again at 777 with no changes. With root as owner. I’ve tried setting the debug flag in seahub_settings.py as per your suggestions but to no avail. Nothing has been written seahub.log file since this problem began. Looking through the other logs, there is some errors in seafile.log & in controller.log but they were occurring long before i had this issue problem anyway. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

After having anther closer look at my seahub-settings.py i realized in my fault finding i introduced a typo.
Now that’s resolved, i’m able to start seahub but i’m getting several errors in my seahub.log, all along the same line of this.

[ERROR] django.request:135 handle_uncaught_exception Internal Server Error

I can attach the complete section of log that is output when starting seahub, but its mostly similar to the above and says

OperationalError: no such table: api2_tokenv2
OR
OperationalError: no such table: notifications_notification

The other thing i changed which i believe got seahub working again was changing the pids_dir under gunicorn.conf

pids_dir = ‘/home/seafile/pids’
TO
pids_dir = ‘/opt/seafile/pids’

I’ve also read this might be related to my memcached settings in seahub_settings.py, however i’ve had memcached commented out of this file for a while now, before the problems began, however i have got memcached installed.

Would this be related to my issues?

Thanks very much.

Try to update, even though there isn’t any avaiable. Hopefully, this will fix it.

i did run an update from 6.3.9 to 6.3.14 (following the normal procedure and running the minor upgrade script) and unfortunately no change. I Could try running one of the other upgrade scripts?