Custom SeaDrive root possible?

Am I right in saying I can just set the “name field” as something like “unraid” for every user and then if I allocate my cache drive to “N:\” on each client

It would be like

N:\Unraid\Shared with me\

And this would be the same for a remote syncs and users as long as they are on their own machines?

I tried this on two laptops and it seemed to work, I just want to make sure this won’t break anything

I appreciate this doesn’t address the space issue in the “shared with me”. But the main thing for me is a consistent cache directory file path for all users accessing the same shared data

If somone can confirm this would be ok?

Many thanks

Hi Sam,

As far as my experiments go this should work.
The one issue left would be the language setting of the client.
If you have full control over each client that’s no problem, but if your users choose their own language you have an issue. If, for example, they choose german instead of english the path will suddenly look like this:

N:\Undraid\Geteilt mit dir\

We don’t plan to allow a different format for the category folders.

We can add another option in the login dialog to allow the user to fix the language to English.

@Jonathan Thank you for the reply!

I’m curious, as to why allowing the users to choose between “Shared with groups” and “shared_with_groups” is something you wouldn’t want to enable?
Is this a technical limitation, is this a UX decision or is there another reason?

Knowing more about your decision would allow me to amend my suggestion and maybe we can find a solution to this problem.

Too many options will confuse most users. We want to keep the available options minimal.

Which is completely understandable.
But who are you considering to be your users in this case? The cloud users, admins or both?
As an administrator I want exactly the same thing - Minimal options to not confuse my users.
I believe adding the option for admins to enforce one language for every user, as suggested:

would greatly increase simplicity for the end users.
There would be no confusion as to why the file paths are different from one co-worker to the next.
And no need to create company guidelines to only use a specific language. It would simply be enforced.

I understand your resistance to complexity, but hope you reconsider this point.