Debian Upgraded to 6.2 Pro && Stuck in SSL fail with S3 storage backend(HTTPS)

Upgraded to 6.2 Pro && Stuck in SSL fail with S3 storage backend(HTTPS)

So this is the seafile.log

[12/17/17 12:51:28] …/common/s3-client.c(552): [S3] libcurl failed to get bucket-fs:df0d4830927d053f6e762da97d2466091fb894dc: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?).
[12/17/17 12:51:28] …/common/s3-client.c(552): [S3] libcurl failed to get bucket-fs:df0d4830927d053f6e762da97d2466091fb894dc: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?).
[12/17/17 12:51:28] …/common/fs-mgr.c(1893): [fs mgr] Failed to read dir df0d4830927d053f6e762da97d2466091fb894dc.

Before,I did this and it worked well(https://manual.seafile.com/deploy_pro/setup_with_amazon_s3.html).
But when I tried this newest seafile-server and this time I got stuck.
Feel afraid to touch CA stuff cause I don’t want to risk to destroy the system,So seeking for help now.Thanks!Anyone could give a gentle hand?

Plus,I can make it work except configure the https,but only use http.What a danger!

~# apt-cache search libcurl

libcupt4-1-downloadmethod-curl - flexible package manager – libcurl download method
libcurl3 - easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (OpenSSL flavour)
libcurl3-dbg - debugging symbols for libcurl (OpenSSL, GnuTLS and NSS flavours)
libcurl3-gnutls - easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (GnuTLS flavour)
libcurl3-nss - easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (NSS flavour)
libcurl4-doc - documentation for libcurl
libcurl4-gnutls-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (GnuTLS flavour)
libcurl4-nss-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (NSS flavour)
libcurl4-openssl-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (OpenSSL flavour)
fp-units-net - Free Pascal - networking units dependency package
fp-units-net-3.0.0 - Free Pascal - networking units
gnupg1 - GNU privacy guard - a PGP implementation (deprecated “classic” version)
gnupg1-curl - GNU privacy guard (cURL helpers for deprecated “classic” version)
libghc-curl-dev - GHC libraries for the libcurl Haskell bindings
libghc-curl-doc - Documentation for the libcurl Haskell bindings; documentation
libghc-curl-prof - Profiling libraries for the libcurl Haskell bindings; profiling libraries
libghc-hxt-curl-dev - LibCurl interface for HXT
libghc-hxt-curl-doc - LibCurl interface for HXT; documentation
libghc-hxt-curl-prof - LibCurl interface for HXT; profiling libraries
libjsonrpccpp-client0 - library implementing json-rpc C++ clients
libjsonrpccpp-client0-dbg - debugging symbols for libjsonrpccpp-client0
libwww-curl-perl - Perl bindings to libcurl
lua-curl - libcURL bindings for the Lua language
lua-curl-dev - libcURL development files for the Lua language
libcurl-ocaml - OCaml curl bindings (Runtime Library)
libcurl-ocaml-dev - OCaml libcurl bindings (Development package)
python-pycurl - Python bindings to libcurl
python-pycurl-dbg - Python bindings to libcurl (debug extension)
python-pycurl-doc - Python bindings to libcurl (documentation)
python3-pycurl - Python bindings to libcurl (Python 3)
python3-pycurl-dbg - Python bindings to libcurl (debug extension, Python 3)
r-cran-curl - GNU R modern and flexible web client for R
libresource-retriever-dev - Robot OS resource_retriever library - development files
libresource-retriever0d - Robot OS resource_retriever library
python-resource-retriever - Robot OS resource_retriever library - Python
ruby-curb - Ruby libcurl bindings
ruby-ethon - libcurl wrapper using ffi
ruby-typhoeus - parallel HTTP library on top of ethon
libstrongswan-extra-plugins - strongSwan utility and crypto library (extra plugins)
tclcurl - Tcl bindings to libcurl
wmget - Background download manager in a Window Maker dock app
fp-units-net-3.0.4 - Free Pascal - networking units

Call back!

Hello,

same problem here - anyone managed to fix it? Looks like quite some people have problem on S3, it would be nice that someone from dev will answer that question?

Should we all rollback upgrade? 6.2 is unusable for now.

Debian?Or Ubuntu?
Mine environment is Debian 9.
They could tell the exact reason but that some packages used in the library changed.
Could do nothing but wait for miracle…

it’s Debian, and reason is missing libnsspem.so … however its not included in debian.

So should we have to complie that package manually by ourselves,using some centos 7 packages?
Is it possible to produce a miracle,lol…

hi there,

I had the same error (although not related to S3) but I was able to solve it by using the seafile version built for ubuntu.

Best,
Hp

I have rolled-back - well, really poor QA as for “pro” edition - S3 support sounds like really basic test-before-release…

But it is built for ubuntu,not debian,by the way do you also use seaf-fuse?
Cause I fuse all the thing to stream 4 my Plex media server,most of videos are fine to fetch,but not all by seaf-fuse.
No configuration issue or permission stuff,just find sea-fuse can somehow give me a broken video file but it can be synced or used by webui without any problem.
I tried to upload the same video using browser or desktop client but as I said above,just don’t work with seaf-fuse no matter which way if it is that file again.
I have thousands of video files,most of them can be stream rapidly through seaf-fuse way,but some of them just can’t without any accidents.
And now I have backend security SSL problem…
Wanna cry…
LOL

So in my opinion,6.1.9 pro edition can still be the most stable version currently.
Except the seaf-fuse bug,and losing of wsgi mode,it works well.
I just now migrated all my video out of the seafile system and leave some file type for further testing usage.
Best wishes~~

no I do not use seaf-fuse. but did you try the ubuntu version? chances are good that is solves your ssl problem.

These days I thought about switching to ubuntu version,but I have a forced feeling if I don’t change from debian to ubuntu system,I will suspect more issues are on their way to come towards me,lol.
So I just keep origin point without to much more energy wasted building a whole architecture from beginning to end again,lol,inside I will cry…

Just adding a me too here, same problem upgrading to 6.2 Pro with S3 backing store on Ubuntu.

Was getting the error “Library does not exist.” trying to load any of the libraries. No search for that surfaced this issue though so hopefully adding this will help someone in the future.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any kind of QA. In the past Daniel said that they don’t have time/capacity for testing.
I really hope that Seafile receives proper mgmt and goes somewhere.
We love it but are not amused about being beta testers all the time, constantly, without warning.

1 Like