Does seaf-fuse work without database?

I want to create a copy of the seafile data directory on another server and use seaf-fuse to mount it as read-only. Will it work without the database and other server files?

you need to map a network mount point (nfs) from a folder on the second server hard disk to the seafile server
ex: / mnt / seafile-fuse and start fuse on the seafile server on this mount point
your data will be read-only on the second server using the nfs mount point path

without the database, it is impossible to reconstruct the data of the seafile-data directory

1 Like

how does the Exporting Libraries to File System feature work then?

This procedure doesn’t rely on the seafile database. As long as you have your seafile-data directory, you can always export your files from Seafile to external file system.

this is wrong. Users are lost, groups are lost, libraries names, comments, … but files and directories do not depend on the database and can still be exported with seaf-fsck without having the database.

But seaf-fuse does not work without the database.

2 Likes

I went through the manual and I was convinced that it was necessary to use the database to retrieve the data seafile data. I’m sorry for giving you a wrong answer. and a big thank you to the seafile community for its reactivity.

3 Likes

I guess we can find something like commit ids in the database, which seafile uses to work efficient and to provided that snapshot functionality.

They are kept on disk.

They seem to be also in the DB.

This means the “head commit” (current state of the library) recorded in database is not consistent with the library data.

Checking Integrity of Libraries

Only a pointer to the most recent commit.

1 Like