Elasticsearch issues

I tried to solve an Elasticsearch issue, which bothers me since I changed to Seafile Pro. Following situation:

Elasticsearch starts slowly on my server, not sure what the reason is. Seafile Controller thinks it’s not up and running (no PID) and starts again. So after 30s I have 3 or 4 Java/Elasticsearch instances running, which eat up my memory and keep increasing until the server stands still. I’m aware of this behavior, so I cannot enable Seafile at boot, I need to start it manually and monitor if Elasticsearch is properly started or jumps crazy again. I got used to it. With a 2nd or 3rd try (killing all Java process) it usually worked but it’s not comfortable.

Today I decided to use a dedicated Elasticsearch instance to have this independent of Seafile as also described in the Seafile Manual. So I setup the latest version (7.10.1) and I also had to adapt the tiimeout because it failed to start with the default (75s). Nevertheless it runs stable now. But search with Seafile is not working and I’m afraid this is because Seafile is not compatible with it, see some log messages on Elasticsearch:

[2021-01-09T16:42:14,587][DEPRECATION][o.e.d.a.c.CommonAnalysisPlugin] [cloud] The [nGram] tokenizer name is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. Please change the tokenizer name to [ngram] instead.
[2021-01-09T16:47:35,471][DEPRECATION][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] [cloud] Deprecated field [include] used, expected [includes] instead
[2021-01-09T16:47:39,304][DEPRECATION][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] [cloud] Deprecated field [include] used, expected [includes] instead
[2021-01-09T16:49:53,283][DEPRECATION][o.e.d.t.TransportInfo    ] [cloud] transport.publish_address was printed as [ip:port] instead of [hostname/ip:port]. This format is deprecated and will change to [hostname/ip:port] in a future version. Use -Des.transport.cname_in_publish_address=true to enforce non-deprecated formatting.
[2021-01-09T16:50:16,686][DEPRECATION][o.e.d.t.TransportInfo    ] [cloud] transport.publish_address was printed as [ip:port] instead of [hostname/ip:port]. This format is deprecated and will change to [hostname/ip:port] in a future version. Use -Des.transport.cname_in_publish_address=true to enforce non-deprecated formatting.
[2021-01-09T17:04:11,685][DEPRECATION][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] [cloud] Deprecated field [include] used, expected [includes] instead

I’m stuck now. I’m unable to adapt the timeout within Seafile (couldn’t find any option when controller should restart a process) and a dedicated Elasticsearch server is incompatible as far as I can tell, not being an expert on this.

Any help appreciated.

No response. Seems to be a very specif issue or maybe my text was too long :wink:

So let me ask differently: Is Seafile compatible with Elasticsearch 7?
The embedded Elasticsearch version (5.x) is not even released for Ubuntu 20 (nor 18).

If I understand the Seafile roadmap correctly, you can’t just use a newer version.

Thanks, if that’s true they should remove the usage of an external Elasticsearch from the manual or clearly mention that only 5.6 is supported (EOL in March 2019).

I guess the new search feature in CE is based on the same principle?

Sorry, I just don’t know.