Envariable PATH error [SOLVED]

Trying to work with Windows 6.0.7 Server.

I keep getting a python.exe is not in the envariable PATH message with I try to launch the Seafile Run batch file.

Running windows 7 and I think I added the the file correctly by using the following directions:

From the desktop, right click the Computer icon.
Choose Properties from the context menu.
Click the Advanced system settings link.
Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit. If the PATH environment variable does not exist, click New.
In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the PATH environment variable. Click OK. Close all remaining windows by clicking OK.

So I now have under System Variables

Variable: Value
Python27 C;\python27\python.exe

How can I fix this issue? Thx.

Well, one thing I noticed, and it may be a typo here, is you’ve used a semicolon instead of a colon. Verify that you have it correct in Windows.

Second thing is, Windows has two types of variables… One for user and one for system. It won’t hurt to put it in both locations.

But, you also have it in the wrong place… What you did was create a new variable reference. What you need to do is double click on “path”, which already exists inside the environment variables, click “New”, and then enter c:\python27\python.exe. You’ll probably have 2 or 3 or dozens already in there. Adding it to “Path” will allow it to run from anywhere without a direct reference. Also, delete your entry you put in.

My typo was on the the message and not on my computer.

Second: I setup it up under User and System Variables just to make to sure… still no good.
I tried New, Edit and changing the name of the path as well.

Should have worked in path. Just tried it on mine, jumped out to a command prompt and it ran my prog from there. Can you let me know the exact error message you are getting?

This my c/p from the “Edit System Variable”, under Variable Window: C:\Python27\python.exe

Exact mesage is:

Seafile Server

“python.exe is not in the envariable PATH”

Jump out to a command prompt and type this: echo %PATH%
and let me know the results.

hmmm can’t c/p the txt and the window wont resize.

To copy from a command prompt, right click the little “c:” in the top left corner of the command prompt window. Then hover over “edit”. Then click “mark”. Mark the text in the normal way by click and drag. Then use CTRL-C on your keyboard. You can then paste it to wherever.

It as R click, Select all, Ctl C.

C:>echo %PATH%
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client;C:
\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\Window
sPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI;C:\Progra
m Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\I
ntel® Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® M
anagement Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management
Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem;C:\Program Fil
es (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\VirtualFile;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\A
cronis\VirtualFile64\

C:>

Yeah, that’ll work too.

Ok, there’s your problem. Python is not in the Path after all. You should have an entry in that list that reads C:\Python27\

python.exe is not considered part of the path. It’s just a file within the path.

I would put it in the system variable one. Should be a simple matter of double clicking on Path in the environment variables, click new, and enter C:\Python27\

1 Like

Herr Is a tutorial for making it manually:

1 Like

Got it working. Thank you WThess and bionade24

1 Like

Can you edit the title of the past and add [SOLVED] to the end of it? This will let the forum admins know to mark it as solved.