Error Memcached WSGI

I’m on 6.2 pro beta version, there is no upper version…

I did update the components by sudo -H pip install pylibmc --upgrade and also sudo -H pip install django-pylibmc --upgrade

Requirement already up-to-date:

@Cisco : let’s keep in touch if one can solve the issue !

Regards

I did upgrade to 6.2.3 today and after that I get this error in seahub.log:

2017-11-15 08:39:49,783 [ERROR] django.pylibmc:132 get MemcachedError: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:CUR_TOPINFO): Broken pipe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django_pylibmc/memcached.py”, line 130, in get
return super(PyLibMCCache, self).get(key, default, version)
File “/home/seafile/nohatech/seafile-server-6.2.3/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.18-py2.7.egg/django/core/cache/backends/memcached.py”, line 84, in get
val = self._cache.get(key)
Error: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:CUR_TOPINFO): Broken pipe
2017-11-15 08:39:49,866 [ERROR] django.pylibmc:132 get MemcachedError: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:CUR_TOPINFO): Broken pipe
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django_pylibmc/memcached.py”, line 130, in get
File “/home/seafile/nohatech/seafile-server-6.2.3/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.18-py2.7.egg/django/core/cache/backends/memcached.py”, line 84, in get
2017-11-15 08:39:49,880 [ERROR] django.pylibmc:132 get MemcachedError: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:CUR_TOPINFO): Broken pipe
2017-11-15 08:39:49,892 [ERROR] django.pylibmc:132 get MemcachedError: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:CUR_TOPINFO): Broken pipe

I have tried to delete the memcached.sock and also I have tried to clear the cache for memcached nothing works =/

Can you try and change your config to this, and also remember to stop seafile and seahub before your doing it.

CACHES = {
    'default': {
        'BACKEND': 'django.core.cache.backends.memcached.MemcachedCache',
#        'BACKEND': 'django_pylibmc.memcached.PyLibMCCache',
        'LOCATION': 'unix:/var/run/memcached.sock',
    }
}

When I did update from 6.2.2 to 6.2.3 I started to get the same issue as you, so I did revert back to the old settings for seahub_settings.py and that works without any issues.

and also if you get error with my example above try to delete the unix: in location.

1 Like

any news? if not see my post above.

I did rolle back to 6.2.2 but as 6.2.3 has the same issue that you having I guess it’s because of seafile.

Yes,
I have this config and i do not have any error about memcached anymore.

Regards,
Gautier

Ok, good!
What version of Seafile are you running?
@Cisco can you also try the same as @gauburtin to see if that solves your issue also?
Shifting to the old setup.

6.2 pro.

@Cisco has no problem anymore as I saw

Good night

thanks, I use your conf and so far so good.

Can confirm that thats the only working config for me atm.

The one in the docs seems outdated (or not working)

regards

1 Like