Error:Seahub failed to start. (Fresh install, using 8.0.2 on Trisquel 9)

Hello,

On Trisquel 9, I followed the instructions at https://manual.seafile.com/deploy/using_sqlite/ using 8.0.2 for a fresh install.

I created a seafile user that owns the installation files and runs all the commands. When setting up the admin, I used the same name. I used a hostname that resolves correctly, but I only redirected ports 8082 and 8000 to the host (I am behind NAT).

At the step of starting Seahub, this is what happens:

seafile@albert:~/seafile-server-8.0.2$ ./seahub.sh start

LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
Starting seahub at port 8000 ...
Error:Seahub failed to start.
Please try to run "./seahub.sh start" again
seafile@albert:~/seafile-server-8.0.2$ 

If I try again, possibly with another port, the same happens. Setting LC_ALL removes the message on LC_ALL but it fails the same.

I have the following packages:

Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
| État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé/W=attend-traitement-déclenchements
|/ Err?=(aucune)/besoin Réinstallation (État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom                       Version           Architecture      Description
+++-=========================-=================-=================-========================================================
ii  libpython2.7:amd64        2.7.17-1~18.04ubu amd64             Shared Python runtime library (version 2.7)
ii  python-ldap               3.0.0-1ubuntu0.1  amd64             LDAP interface module for Python
ii  python-requests           2.18.4-2ubuntu0.1 all               elegant and simple HTTP library for Python2, built for h
ii  python-setuptools         39.0.1-2          all               Python Distutils Enhancements
ii  python-urllib3            1.22-1ubuntu0.18. all               HTTP library with thread-safe connection pooling for Pyt
ii  python2.7                 2.7.17-1~18.04ubu amd64             Interactive high-level object-oriented language (version
ii  sqlite3                   3.22.0-1ubuntu0.4 amd64             Command line interface for SQLite 3
david@albert:~$ 

Is there something wrong in there?

Hi

Python 3.6+ is required. Can’t work with Python 3.5

https://cloud.seatable.io/dtable/external-links/a85d4221e41344c19566/?tid=0000&vid=0000

```
# on Debian 10/Ubuntu 18.04
apt-get update
apt-get install python3 python3-setuptools python3-pip -y

pip3 install --timeout=3600 Pillow pylibmc captcha jinja2 sqlalchemy \
    django-pylibmc django-simple-captcha python3-ldap

# on CentOS 8
yum install python3 python3-setuptools python3-pip -y

pip3 install --timeout=3600 Pillow pylibmc captcha jinja2 sqlalchemy \
    django-pylibmc django-simple-captcha python3-ldap

Thanks for the information.

I am now working towards installing python3, it is available in Trisquel repositories but since python2 is the default, I need to be a bit cautious not to break anything else.

As for pip, I found out that Trisquel is not using it, the free python packages are directly available in Trisquel repositories and can be installed with apt-get like any other package. Apparently the motivation to not provide pip in Trisquel is that pip recommends and installs non-free software.

It worked simply by installing everything by apt-get as bellow

# on Trisquel 9
apt-get install python3 python3-setuptools python3-willow \
   python3-pylibmc python3-librecaptcha python3-jinja2 \
   python3-sqlalchemy python3-django-captcha python3-ldap