Files corrupt on SeaDrive

I am using the SeaFile server 7.1.5 on Ubuntu and SeaDrive on mine and two of my colleagues MacBooks.
In general it works great. Syncs fast and generally no issues.

But lately I have in three instances encountered a large presentation of 130 MB to be corrupt. Now I wonder if this is because we are using SeaDrive client and maybe our workstations wrote to the file twice or how could this happen? Using SeaDrive is there some kind of protection from concurrent writes?
Fortunately SeaFile has a great file restore feature so we got our file back, but I wonder what happened and it has happened 3 times now.

Also another problem I have is that some app on OSX create a huge amount of temporary folders in the same folder as the file and these are never removed. It is like the original filename and some hex digits added to the end.

Kind regards
Jens

Just realise that this is similar to Bug : Pictures disappear on Seadrive/MacOS/PowerPoint - #21 by CelinePorhel

We also many images and some images we loose half the images. This happens in both Keynote and Powerpoint.

Kind regards
Jens

In 2.0.18 version we’ll upgrade the bundled macFuse extension. That may resolve the problem. But I’m not sure it’s a problem caused by macFuse.

Interesting @Jonathan but I guess it is not available to install yet? I would be happy to try it since this seem to happen to me multiple times a week.

Kind regards
Jens

I’m using Seafile 8.0.7 on debian bullseye and Seadrive 2.0.16 on debian bullseye clients and I’m experiencing the same issues, especially with corrupt images. So I doubt this is related to macFuse.

Ingeresting @Burtan, @Jonathan is there any locking mechanism or what happens in Seadrive if two computers try to write to the same file? Random read/write?