Frustrated w/ brand new setup

Hi,

after some software problems, the docker image of my Seafile server was somehow messed up (seahub start script kept attempting to restart the process although it’s running already), so I decided to just move away from Docker and do a regular local install.
Anyway, it seems that no matter what version (tried current 6.3 first, then 6.2.5 which is what was in the docker image, then 6.2.3, which I had been running natively before switching to the docker image) I used for a fresh install (before even thinking about moving my data to it), I just can’t get it to work. From what I can tell, I followed the manual to the letter. Still, I get loads of errors from seahub, partly from seafile too … e.g.:

==> seafile.log <==
[11/29/2018 07:32:13 PM] …/common/seaf-db.c(425): Error prepare statement SELECT repo_id, commit_id FROM Branch WHERE name=‘master’ AND repo_id IN (‘9ac31c6f-877a-4ef9-8306-907ee0a90899’) LOCK IN SHARE MODE: sqlite3_prepare_v2 failed: near “LOCK”: syntax error.

This error shows up before even logging in, and it repeats every 10 seconds …

Logging in fails, and after a bunch of Django error trace lines, this line shows up:

AttributeError: ‘CcnetThreadedRpcClient’ object has no attribute ‘get_primary_id’

The same error occurred with all the versions I tried.

After trying to get Seafile work again for two days, I’m pretty much frustrated … I’m pretty experienced with Linux and FOSS, but a clean setup with setup script leaving such a mess is pretty annoying … I’m completely out of ideas … and I can’t even switch to any other software, as I can’t get the f’ing files out of the binary mess seafile has on disk unless I get it to work again!

System is Ubuntu 16.04 with all current patches.

Try some working and actively maintained docker setup. There’s a list in the community manual.

Speaking of the community manual - even the step-by-step instructions do not end up in a running version … :frowning: Apart from being outdated with referencing the 6.2.3 version …

Contributions are welcome!

1 Like

and I can’t even switch to any other software, as I can’t get the f’ing files out of the binary mess seafile has on disk unless I get it to work again!

https://manual.seafile.com/extension/fuse.html

No, seaf-export is for this feature, FUSE isn’t capable of big data transfers.

Tried another clean install on a new VM, same results … very annoying … has anybody that’s using and programming seafile actually used the docs to do a clean install successfully??

Luckily, I managed to get my installation in the docker container back up and running by restoring the /srv/seafile directory from a two-day-old backup … didn’t lose anything as my notebook still had the more current state of the library changes …

Yes, last time a year ago.