---- Images
    ---- Documents
    ---- Files
    ---- Others
    — Project 3
    — …
    – office
    – Others

I have 2 groups: project manager and designers.
The project manager has access to:

• Company/Projects/Project 1/*
  • Company/Projects/Project 2/*

The designer has access to:

• Company/Projects/Project 1/Images/*
  • Company/Projects/Project 1/Files/*
  • Company/Projects/Project 2/Images/*
  • Company/Projects/Project 2/Files/*

The designer only has access to the “Images” and “Files” folders in Project 1, 2, etc.
I would like the structures to synchronize on the local disk (1:1), not as now I only have the last folder and Seafile Sync reports that there is a conflict and such a folder already exists.

Is this possible with Seafile?

Welcome to the Seafile Community Forum!

Assuming that “Company” is your Seafile Server, projects would be a library, Project 1 and Project 2 would be folders in this library.

You can then share the library projects with your group project manager and share the folders Images and Files in Project 1 and 2 with the group designer. (You can also share folders. You do not have to share at the library level.) This gives the project manager full access to all files in the project folders, the designers only have access to the two asset folders.

Members of the groups project manager and designers will find these elements in “Shared with groups”.
Note: The designers will see the shared folders as libraries.

If you want to sync these files to your local disk, just use the Seafile Sync Client.

Finally, let me add this: Depending on the size of your projects, it may be benefical to have one library per project. In other words, the structure would be

• Company
    • Project 1
      – Images
      – Files
      – Documents
      – …
    • Project 2
      – Images
      – Files
      – Documents
      – …

If you want to make sharing with your designers a bit easier, you can put images and files in an asset folder and then then only this folder with them. Hence your structure would be like this (with shares in brackets):

• Company
    • Project 1 [managers]
      – Assets [designers]
      ---- Images
      ---- Files
      – Documents
      – …
    • Project 2 [managers]
      – Assets [designers]
      ---- Images
      ---- Files
      – Documents