Global notification crashes

Hi,

In Seafile Pro 5.1.4, we have a notification feature in the admin sectoon, which i think sends a message to all users.

But, when i send a message

I have the following error

Web : “Server Hiccup”
Log : seahub_django_request.log

2016-10-21 20:16:30,409 [ERROR] django.request:256 handle_uncaught_exception Internal Server Error: /notification/add/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/cc/seafile/seafile-pro-server-5.1.4/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.10-py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 132, in get_response
    response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
  File "/home/cc/seafile/seafile-pro-server-5.1.4/seahub/seahub/auth/decorators.py", line 26, in _wrapped_view
    return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cc/seafile/seafile-pro-server-5.1.4/seahub/seahub/notifications/views.py", line 38, in notification_add
    f.save()
  File "/home/cc/seafile/seafile-pro-server-5.1.4/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.10-py2.7.egg/django/forms/models.py", line 459, in save
    construct=False)
  File "/home/cc/seafile/seafile-pro-server-5.1.4/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.10-py2.7.egg/django/forms/models.py", line 86, in save_instance
    " validate." % (opts.object_name, fail_message))
ValueError: The Notification could not be created because the data didn't validate.

Notifications into groups works well, so nothing about special characters involved

Regards

Gautier

How many characters did you have in your notification message? for now notification only supports up to 512 characters.

In Notepadd ++; the length (line breaks icluded) is 614.
But this limit does not occur with groups notifications.

I send another notification wtih less characters, it works !
I activated it and see the banner. Is it spposed to send an email to all users ?
Regards

No email will be sent, user have to login to Seafile to see the notification.