Having trouble setting up server

I’m following this guide for seafile 7.x.x, on Ubuntu 18.04:

Following the steps in the guide, I’ve downloaded docker compose:
apt-get install docker-compose -y
I’ve changed MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD and DB_ROOT_PASSWD.

The guide says I should also change these two values:
The volume directory of MySQL data (volumes)
The volume directory of Seafile data (volumes).
But I have left them as the default values because those file paths look fine to me.

I then start seafile with: docker-compose up -d

It starts up fine.

However, while on the local network, if I go to the ip address of the server (192.168.1.248:80), it says problem loading webpage…cannot connect.

1 Like

same problem here with docker on ubuntu mate on raspi 3.

Is this what you are looking for?

volumes:
- /opt/seafile-mysql/db:/var/lib/mysql # Requested, specifies the path to MySQL data persistent store.

volumes:
- /opt/seafile-data:/shared # Requested, specifies the path to Seafile data persistent store.

They are specified here in the documentation for the docker-compose.yml file.

I have left those two fields left as the default, exactly the same as the docker-compose file you’ve linked.

Maybe you should post your yml file so others who have already setup a Docker Seafile can check it.

Yep sure this is it:

version: '2.0'
services:
  db:
    image: mariadb:10.1
    container_name: seafile-mysql
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=[password1]  # Requested, set the root's password of MySQL service.
      - MYSQL_LOG_CONSOLE=true
    volumes:
      - /opt/seafile-mysql/db:/var/lib/mysql  # Requested, specifies the path to MySQL data persistent store.
    networks:
      - seafile-net

memcached:
    image: memcached:1.5.6
    container_name: seafile-memcached
    entrypoint: memcached -m 256
    networks:
      - seafile-net

seafile:
    image: seafileltd/seafile-mc:latest
    container_name: seafile
    ports:
      - "80:80"
#     - "443:443"  # If https is enabled, cancel the comment.
    volumes:
      - /opt/seafile-data:/shared   # Requested, specifies the path to Seafile data persistent store.
    environment:
      - DB_HOST=db
      - DB_ROOT_PASSWD=[password1]  # Requested, the value shuold be root's password of MySQL service.
      - TIME_ZONE=Etc/UTC  # Optional, default is UTC. Should be uncomment and set to your local time zone.
      - SEAFILE_ADMIN_EMAIL=[my email] # Specifies Seafile admin user, default is 'me@example.com'.
      - SEAFILE_ADMIN_PASSWORD=[password1]     # Specifies Seafile admin password, default is 'asecret'.
      - SEAFILE_SERVER_LETSENCRYPT=False   # Whether to use https or not.
      - SEAFILE_SERVER_HOSTNAME=192.168.1.248 # Specifies your host name if https is enabled.
    depends_on:
      - db
      - memcached
    networks:
      - seafile-net

networks:
  seafile-net:

Anyone? :disappointed:

I am seeing the same thing on a clean install on Ubuntu 18.04.

I see that three containers are created but the container seafile exits and there is nothing running on port 80. Is that what you are seeing too?

-Thanks

Yes that’s correct.

Where are the logs located?

It might be here?
/opt/seafile-mysql/db/

I took that to be the MySQL logs. My seafile-data folder is (still) empty. I think it’s crashing too early.

How about this?

For anyone else running into this issue, its the timezone. Having a mismatch or incorrect timezone kills the docker container. I found this by playing around with a new install, which you cannot set the timezone in the seahub settings file as it doesnt have time to create.

Solutions: Comment out the timezone line in your docker compose file.

See here.

Looks like if I comment out the time zone line in the Docker Compose YML file and restart Docker Compose the server starts.

Ah yes thats it! Thank so much!