How to upgrade 6.3.4 to 9.x.x

i cant find any documentation about upgrade please help me

Hello Kasim,

Your best references for upgrading are this forum and the Official Seafile Manual. There is also a Community Manual that you might want to read as well.

In your case going from version 6 to version 9 is the biggest issue. I suggest reading all the posts in this forum by those who have made the trip before you. I recall several recent cases similar to your own that were successful.

By way of soliciting assistance on this service it might be a good idea to provide some background to readers to let them know which platform you are running. That is, is this a Linux or Windows server; Seafile CE or Pro? You get the idea.

You have a lot of work ahead of you but it is doable. The key is to prepare well in advance and move slowly.

Good luck!

Updating seafile/seahub database …

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/sammy/seafile-server-9.0.10/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 10, in
import pymysql
File “/home/sammy/seafile-server-9.0.10/seahub/thirdpart/pymysql/init.py”, line 59, in
from . import connections # noqa: E402
File “/home/sammy/seafile-server-9.0.10/seahub/thirdpart/pymysql/connections.py”, line 13, in
from . import _auth
File “/home/sammy/seafile-server-9.0.10/seahub/thirdpart/pymysql/_auth.py”, line 8, in
from cryptography.hazmat.backends import default_backend
File “/home/sammy/seafile-server-9.0.10/seahub/thirdpart/cryptography/init.py”, line 13, in
from cryptography.utils import CryptographyDeprecationWarning
File “/home/sammy/seafile-server-9.0.10/seahub/thirdpart/cryptography/utils.py”, line 31
def _check_bytes(name: str, value: bytes) → None:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Failed to upgrade your database

Hello i can’t find solution for this. Ubuntu 18.04 Seafile CE

Download the latest minor version of the next major version, then follow the steps, run the migration script. When all is running, iterate on this until the final version is installed. Why shall this be so complicated? Going from one release to the next takes me 10 minutes.