(im stupid. please dont read this thread)

Hey. i recently deployed latest seafile CE to ubuntu 16.04. However after adding memcached and logging out i cant log back in. it just gives the “page unavailable” error on the webpage and the seahub.log has following;
Error: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:throttle_user_1): Transport endpoint is not connected
2018-03-20 17:26:47,313 [ERROR] django.pylibmc:132 get MemcachedError: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:throttle_user_1): Transport endpoint is not connected
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django_pylibmc/memcached.py”, line 130, in get
return super(PyLibMCCache, self).get(key, default, version)
File “/var/www/seafile/seafile-server-6.2.5/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.18-py2.7.egg/django/core/cache/backends/memcached.py”, line 84, in get
val = self._cache.get(key)

Just to make sure, you did perform the following commands?

sudo apt-get install python-pip
sudo pip install --upgrade pip
sudo apt-get install libmemcached-dev
sudo apt-get build-dep python-imaging
sudo pip install --upgrade Pillow
sudo -H pip install pylibmc
sudo -H pip install django-pylibmc

And your seafile/conf/seahub_settings.py contains the following block?

CACHES = {
    'default': {
        'BACKEND': 'django_pylibmc.memcached.PyLibMCCache',
        'LOCATION': '127.0.0.1:11211',
    }
}

After many trials and errors, this procedure is working fine for my Seafile CE (Ubuntu 16.04) installation.
If this does not solve your issue, take a look at other topics discussing the same issue :unamused:.

I did apt install libmemcached-dev, memcached and then enabled & started memcached
then I installed pylibmc and Django-pylibmc with pip and after that added the seahub config for memcached and restarted seahub

edit: hmm. after doing the memcached installation exactly how you posted it looks like its now working fine

no. still same error after rebooting.

wew im stupid. the problem was actually 100% caused by me. im so used to my other seafile server running pro that i added the roles customization.

2 Likes

Passiert, nicht vergraben. Früher oder später ist jeder IT Mensch mal an diesem Punkt. :wink:

2 Likes

Hehe, the reason I read the thread was ironically “(im stupid. please dont read this thread)” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . In the IT, one is often so focused on details, that you loose the overview, where the mistake was done!

In my “career”, it was definitly points. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes