Inviting user to libary if cloud_mode = true and global_adressbook = false

I would like to use seafile for many different users.
I mean that they are not in the same company or friends. but they could.

I think its important, that NOT any user can see other users, typing at least on char in the search field. so I set in seahub_settings:

CLOUD_MODE = True
ENABLE_GLOBAL_ADDRESSBOOK = False
ENABLE_MAKE_GROUP_PUBLIC = False

if I try to share a folder or library to another user “share to user” and enter an email, I could not add anybody.
if I left the “search-field” the entered address is deleted before hitting the submit-button.

EDIT: I found out, that I have to press the enter or TAB button. leaving with a mousclick is delets the field

but if I add a user which is not registered at the server (in most cases a user don’t know if another one is registered or not) I got an error “user xxx not found”

I suggest, sending an invitation to the email address (also if the email is not registered on this server) would be a handy way.

may its already possible - I just cant find out the right way :wink:

thx in advance
Fabian

As far as i know (or think) if you have the public registration enabled, invitation mails are automatically sent. This was the case in some earlier version (4.x) or so. Don’t know if this still works.

hi marcus.
I tried it with and without public registration. doesn’t work…

Ok, that’s confusing, see: http://manual.seafile.com/config/seahub_settings_py.html

#Cloud Mode

You should enable cloud mode if you use Seafile with an unknown user base. It disables the organization tab in Seahub’s website to ensure that users can’t access the user list. Cloud mode provides some nice features like sharing content with unregistered users and sending invitations to them. Therefore you also want to enable user registration. Through the global address book (since version 4.2.3) you can do a search for every user account. So you probably want to disable it.

# Enable cloude mode and hide `Organization` tab.
CLOUD_MODE = True

# Disable global address book
ENABLE_GLOBAL_ADDRESSBOOK = False

I know.
other email functions work fine.

ENABLE_SIGNUP = True
ACTIVATE_AFTER_REGISTRATION = False
SEND_EMAIL_ON_ADDING_SYSTEM_MEMBER = True
SEND_EMAIL_ON_RESETTING_USER_PASSWD = True

Same here. I’m using Seafile Pro 5.1.8.
In seahub_settings.py I have:
CLOUD_MODE = True ENABLE_GLOBAL_ADDRESSBOOK = False ENABLE_SIGNUP = True
But if I want to share something with an external user, who is not registered yet, I get the message “User xyz@abc.com not found”,

With the new Invitation feature, any unknown user could be automatically invited when you type its adress on the sharing dialog box.

What d you think about this, @daniel.pan ?

Regards,

Gautier

2 Likes