IOS 2.7.2 client not uploading pictures (IOS 11.2.2)

Hi all - I noticed that there was a Seafile IOS client update recently to 2.7.2 to address app freezes when uploading pictures. I haven’t had issues with the app freezing, but I did notice that I had 10 pictures queued to upload that had not done so. I updated to 2.7.2 and while the app continues to work as before, the pictures will not upload. I’ve tried turning Auto Upload off/on in the settings and re-pointing to the upload destination (a trick that used to work when pictures would get stuck), but to no avail.

I’m running an iPhone 6S with IOS 11.2.2, connecting to a Seafile 5.13 server with Seafile IOS client 2.7.2. It seems that there have been other issues noted with IOS 11.2+ and Seafile, but wasn’t sure if there was a ETA for resolution.

Thanks!

Looks like it also affects backing up contacts - just tried a manual backup and it fails to complete.

Just tried a manual contacts backup from my iPad (IOS 11.2.2) using Seafile 2.7.2 over WiFi inside my LAN and it failed to complete as well. It seems it’s not an issue with external access, just compatibility with the new IOS and the new Seafile client.

@Jonathan / @daniel.pan , any thoughts or additional troubleshooting steps I can undertake? If this is a known incompatibility at the moment, any ETA for a new client version to resolve? Seafile has been working great and is an important part of our phone photo backup - I get twitchy when there are files that Seafile hasn’t safely backed up elsewhere! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Jason

Hi all
I have same error ( my client Seafile Pro: ios 2.7.2 . ios lastest : 11.2.2 )
Client uploading has 5 images : waiting to upload , but I used 1 client PC, it working sync folder well
Please fix this bug in ios client
Thank in advance for all helps!
B.R
Ryan.

Ryan, thanks for the update. Good to know I’m not the only one seeing this issue! I’m going to check Github to see if this has been identified as an issue as well.

I did somehow manage to get all photos to sync by uninstalling and reinstalling the client. I’m not sure if it’s “fixed” as I haven’t had a lot of time to test yet, but did find another issue with contact backup now broken. Every time I try to do a contact backup manually, it pops up “Contact backup failed”.

Hopefully there’s a v2.7.3 coming shortly that will solve these issues.

Thanks…

Jason

Hi
Now i use client ios app 2.8.0 and ios 12.1
It has same errror in past
“ Client uploading has 5 images : waiting to upload , but I used 1 client PC, it working sync folder well “
Please fix this bug in ios client
Thank in advance for all helps!
B.R
Ryan.

Hi guys,

I have the same issue. Latest seafile version on with the windows client any sync operation works great.
Uploading images from my iphone stops after ca. 80 images. remaining 3000 images.
When i switch auto upload on / off it starts uploading from new.
Have the newest iOS App.

Please fix this bug please.

B,R.
Sirus

It’s 2019 and I’m still having this issue. 5 files continuously stuck in the upload queue. Had your issue been resolved eventually?