Location of Config for SeaDrive drive letter

Hey guys,

SeaDrive is a very nice piece of software - it’s how I always wanted it to be for our local PCs in our offices. From outside everybody works on their laptops with the regular client and an offline copy, but inside our offices creating a second copy on our local PCs is neither necessary nor diskspace-efficient.

My problem with the seadrive client is, that I’m not able to find the location of the relevant config-file/-db, where the drive letter is configured. In my case the letter S:\ is already in use in our company and I’d like to use a different one for everybody. After a fresh installation on one of our PCs the seadrive client asks during the first startup, which drive letter to use. Once manually set this works on all our clients perfectly, but only for the one user who configured it in the first place. I’d like to set the drive letter automatically for all users so that they only have to enter their account data once (maybe I can even prepare that for them - the relevant configs for that are all in the *.db files except for the drive letter).

I would really appreciate if you could help me out with this problem. I already checked all *.db-files in C:\Users\USERNAME\seadrive as well as the registry.

Cheers, Johannes

It’s in the registry. The settings are saved in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Seafile\Seafile Drive Client\Settings\.

In the future we could also support read the disk letter preference (along with others settings, like what we do for the sync client here) from a preconfigured registry path.

1 Like

Hi Lin,

thank you very much for this working solution and sorry for not responding for several days, we’re very busy at the moment. Now I can even see why I didn’t find this registry key - I always searched for the string “seadrive”…

If you could add the .ini-Support and/or the preconfigured registry path in the future, that would be great. Is the SeaDrive-Client able to use the same structure with “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” with the same priorization?

Cheers, Johannes

1 Like

Yeah, if we do that, I think we’ll make HKEY_CURRENT_USER has a higher priority over HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, just like how the sync client does it.