Migrate seafile-data folder to new server

Is it possible to move just the seafile data folder to a new server? I have corrupted databases that I can’t seem to fix, and I need to get my data back asap. Please help.

I was able to use seafile FUSE to mount and pull most of my data, but theres some missing for some reason. Otherwise, is there a way to rebuild or recreate the database files??

It requires manual editing of the database. You’d need to add entries to the HEAD commits and associate the libraries with a user on the new system.

Is there a support link on how to do that? Of anything more you could tell me?

No. It’s either one knows how to do it or not recommended.

Easier way would be exporting the libraries using seaf-fsck and upload the data to the new server. The export is documented at manual.seafile.com.

Here is the error message I see in the logs. I also noticed that python 2.6 and 2.7 are referenced, could that have to do with the issue?

File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/utils/functional.py”, line 225, in inner
self._setup()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/init.py”, line 11, in _setup
self._wrapped = Config()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/base.py”, line 10, in init
utils.import_module_attr(settings.BACKEND)())
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/backends/database/init.py”, line 37, in init
self.autofill()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/backends/database/init.py”, line 52, in autofill
for key, value in self.mget(settings.CONFIG.keys()):
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/backends/database/init.py”, line 61, in mget
for const in stored:
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py”, line 162, in iter
self._fetch_all()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py”, line 965, in _fetch_all
self._result_cache = list(self.iterator())
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py”, line 238, in iterator
results = compiler.execute_sql()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py”, line 840, in execute_sql
cursor.execute(sql, params)
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/utils.py”, line 64, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/utils.py”, line 98, in exit
six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/utils.py”, line 64, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/mysql/base.py”, line 124, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(query, args)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 174, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue
ProgrammingError: (1146, “Table ‘seahub-db.constance_config’ doesn’t exist”)

@FreeCloud did you notice this before? Any help? Should it have listings for python 2.6 and 2.7 ?

That indicates that you run a newer version than before without updating the database.

Could that be why it won’t start? Or maybe why we can’t see some data?

That is the reason why it doesn’t start.

Ok, so how can I upgrade the database, or otherwise fix this?

As described in the manual https://manual.seafile.com/

See steps to upgrade.