Migration of **encrypted** seafile-data to a new host

Hi there,

i am using seafile server for several years. No after a change of the configuration to https:// my server crashed.
I want to migrate my encrypted seafile-data to a new domain.

How do i do this correctly ? My old seafile server is no longer available ?

Please help, thnx.

Joc

You can follow the backup/restore document of Seafile server manual.

Hey Daniel,
i followed your hint on the tutorial. The mysql in php myadmin is identical in both hosts.
I copied the files and directories after installation of new seafile server. I am able to reach the hosted seafile webinterface …
but unfortuneatly there are no libraries i hoped to so what could have gone wrong ??

Joc

What’s the error message in seafile.log?

Thx for your patience :slight_smile:

Error Messages:

[12/02/2016 09:42:03 PM] seafile-session.c(321): Failed to open template dir /home/eirene/seafile/seafile-data/library-template: Error opening directory ‘/home/eirene/seafile/seafile-data/library-template’: No such file or directory.

[12/12/2016 03:20:16 PM] …/common/seaf-db.c(483): Error prepare statement SELECT u.repo_id, o.owner_id, u.email, u.token, p.peer_id, p.peer_ip, p.peer_name, p.sync_time, p.client_ver FROM RepoUserToken u LEFT JOIN RepoTokenPeerInfo p ON u.token = p.token, RepoOwner o WHERE u.email = ? and u.repo_id = o.repo_id: no such column: p.client_ver.

[12/12/2016 03:20:16 PM] repo-mgr.c(1526): DB error when get token info for email eirene@lupus.uberspace.de.
[12/12/2016 03:21:07 PM] Disconnected from daemon

[12/16/2016 12:04:43 AM] …/common/seaf-db.c(483): Error prepare statement SELECT u.repo_id, o.owner_id, u.email, u.token, p.peer_id, p.peer_ip, p.peer_name, p.sync_time, p.client_ver FROM RepoUserToken u LEFT JOIN RepoTokenPeerInfo p ON u.token = p.token, RepoOwner o WHERE u.email = ? and u.repo_id = o.repo_id: no such column: p.client_ver.
[12/16/2016 12:04:43 AM] repo-mgr.c(1526): DB error when get token info for email eirene@lupus.uberspace.de.

Hopefully you could help me …

Joc

What version do you use in the old server? You may need to run the upgrade script if you use an old version at your old server and use a new version at new server.