ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ccnet'

Hi guys,

I’m trying to install Seafile on a Raspberry Pi 4 (Raspbian Buster).
Everything works fine until I launch the seahub.sh script.

I got the following error

LC_ALL is not set in ENV, set to en_US.UTF-8
./seahub.sh: line 210: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
Starting seahub at port 8000 …
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/var/www/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.4/check_init_admin.py”, line 351, in
rpc = RPC()
File “/var/www/seafile/seafile-server-7.1.4/check_init_admin.py”, line 284, in init
import ccnet
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘ccnet’

I seached on Google, but nothing to help me.
I found a topic on this forum, but I don’t understand the answer “I used the typical installation in the /usr folder. That worked.”

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot.

And sorry for my english :slight_smile:

@Mathias_Leonard Maybe here:

It’s a long thread, but I will recommend to read it. Most probably is your error already commented.

Thanks for the answer !

I’ve read the topic, but nothing about the ccnet module :frowning:

@Mathias_Leonard That’s is what I found using the search function of the forum.

Damned, I used the search function, how did you find that? :sweat_smile:

I will try this solution, thanks again for your answer !

Hi, I had the same issue and spend almost a day to figure out what’s wrong.

I’ve installed python-pip3, libmemcached-dec, zlib1g-dev, python3-dev and executed sudo pip3 install Pillow captcha jinja2 sqlalchemy django-simple-captcha python3-ldap pylibmc django-pylibmc (without sudo the installation of the last two packaged fails. DeprecationWarning for pylibmc and fatal error: Python.h: not found), but the ccnet error was still there.

What really helped was creating a soft link as described in the post @jobenvil talks about:

If you use the rpi-Buster version, you need to do some hack after you extract the rpi seafile package in your system. The python library path is hardcoded during the compilation to point to
$INSTALLDIR/seafile/lib/python3.6/site-packages in few seafile shell scripts, like seahub.sh, reset-admin.sh, setup-seafile-mysql.sh and upgrade_7.0_7.1.sh. The issue arises if you compile Seafile server with other Python version than Python 3.6. These paths still points to /python3.6/ but since the native Buster version brings Python 3.7, the directory created under
$INSTALLDIR/seafile/lib/ will be /python3.7/ instead of /python3.6/. Therefore it must be created a symbolic soft link from python3.6 to python3.7 inside $INSTALLDIR/seafile/lib/ like “ln -s python3.7 python3.6”.

After that seahub.sh start works. I’m not sure if I needed the packages above, but since it’s working, I’m not touching it anymore.

One more thing: I saw in the logs that port 10001 needs to be open for seafile and ccnet .

3 Likes