[SOLVED]Mounting Seafile on ARM (e. g. SeaDrive or WebDAV)

I am trying to mount (not sync) my Seafile server on a Raspberry Pi. The questions I have are:

1. Seadrive has not been compiled for ARM platforms. Is this a possibility in the future?
  2. What is the best option for accomplishing this without the client? WebDAV could work, but it’s always been pretty slow.

Thanks!

It’s closed source, so may never, because they even never compiled the client for ARM theirselves. Little hope that they’ll may do it when they’ve released SeaDrive 1.0

If it’s the same Pi where the server is on, you can try SeaFUSE. Otherwise you have to use SeafDAV.

But do you know that you can edit files with the client even if they aren’t synced locally?
For what purpose do you need this? Maybe then we could help more.

Thanks for the response. The server does not run on the same machine (or even the same network), so SeaFUSE will not be possible.

Huh, I didn’t know that about the client. My purpose only involves reading, however. Trying to periodically read the files and send them to a NAS for backup purposes. Nothing too fancy. Right now the best option seems to be WebDAV via rclone.

Why not installing the client on the NAS and sync the files there?

WebDav is officially the best option. If the libaries aren’t changing and you need something more powerful, you can use the API and put your advises in bash scripts.

I was trying to avoid it because I try not to run too many applications on my NAS, but it may be the best option. I use Freenas (FreeBSD based), but there seems to be a community-maintained package. I’ll test it out and see how it runs.

I appreciate the help!

The client needs nearly nothing, you don’t need resources for it.