Move "Change Password" to user dropdown menu

+1 on making this easier - I spent quite some time looking for the way to change my password - the dropdown menu was my first idea, but it’s not there; the profile page was the second, and yet I did not notice the password change link, partly because it is tiny and hidden below the avatar, and partly because the Italian translation is terrible, it says “Aggiorna” (“update”) but you don’t really “update” your password, you “change” (“Cambia” or “Modifica”) it!

In the end I found this thread with Google, and that’s how I found how to change my password…

1 Like

If you like you could help to improve the italian translation: seahub localization | Transifex

You just need to sign up for a free account at transifex and send a request to join the team of your language. You find detailed steps here: Help translate the SeaDrive Client into your own launguage

The thing is that the password change process is just bad. The devs don’t really seem to spend any time on usability of the portal and working with actual user feedback and how pages are used.
Adding a button instead of the link to change the password would be simple, but why change if they find it perfect. Stop listening to user feedback and your product will not become as successfull as it could be. :-/

4 Likes

that is so right !!!

100% agree

seafile is a great product - but all such glitches in usability make it hard to sell it

Sorry folks,

i couldn’t disagree more. I do not know many companies that react so quick and responsible on errors and suggestions for functional enhancements and listen to suggestions. But this is a design decision. Try to convince Daniel that modifying the password change request is worth the effort instead of lamenting that »things are just bad« or that Seafile »stopped listening to user feedback«.

Best regards

Thomas

3 Likes

Well we did. But no further feedback so far.