New installation of 6.3.4 with PostgreSQL

Hi!

I’m currently installing Seafile Server CE for generic Linux 6.3.4 64bit on Ubuntu 18.04 and I encountered a few errors while following the official installation document for Seafile+PostgreSQL.
The path settings in the documentation are outdated/incorrect (I have a fix committed locally, will send a merge request via Github).

I followed the preparation steps (install and setup seafile server with SQLite) and they worked fine. I could access the seafile installation just fine. Then I followed steps 1-3 and those worked fine as well. Step 4 was problematic, though:

export INSTALLPATH=/home/seafile/mycloud/seafile-server-latest
export CCNET_CONF_DIR=/home/seafile/mycloud/conf
export SEAFILE_CONF_DIR=/home/seafile/mycloud/conf
export SEAFILE_CENTRAL_CONF_DIR=/home/seafile/mycloud/conf
export PYTHONPATH=${INSTALLPATH}/seafile/lib64/python2.7/site-packages:${INSTALLPATH}/seahub/thirdpart:$PYTHONPATH
python manage.py syncdb 

I got the following error messages:

Warning: File comment has changed since version 6.3, while table base_filecomment is not migrated yet, please consider migrate it according to v6.3.0 release note, otherwise the file comment feature will not work correctly.

Unknown command: ‘syncdb’
Type ‘manage.py help’ for usage.

I’m a bit stumped (this is not a migration, but a clean installation in a new VM) and would appreciate any help.

I guess, without having it tested myself, this has nothing to do with PostgreSQL (which I also would prefer to use), but rather that django 1.9 has removed “syncdb” , which was in 1.7 already deprecated
(https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/ref/django-admin/#syncdb in 1.9 docu it cannot be found anymore)

according to changelogs seafile changed from django 1.8 to 1.11 in 6.3.4
and unfortunately it seems it somehow was not fully changed in all places in the repo

but again, that is just a guess