No groups visible in the admin panel

Hi all,

I am using seafile-pro-server-6.0.3 (with 3 users). I successfully synchronize users from LDAP. The synchronization of groups seems to work too, as far as I can tell, at least ./pro.py ldapsync --test list a subset of the groups.

i can also create local groups (in the seafile webclient) and assign users to groups.

However, if I switch to the admin-panel and select the groups in the left-side menu, all I see is “no groups”.

Any hint is welcome.

Best,
Hp

I just realized that 6.0.4 is out, that apparently fixes the bug.

I had another problem about groups visiblity.
If a member of a group is missing (the corresponding person object is no longer in the LDAP), it kills the sync process.
No group is synchronized, it is a fatal warning:

[2017-12-05 00:03:00,050] [WARNING] Search failed for base dn(uid=invit_pirenon,ou=people,dc=xxx,dc=fr), filter((|(objectClass=groupOfNames)(objectClass=person))) on server ldap://xxx.yyy.fr error: {‘matched’: ‘ou=people,dc=xxx,dc=fr’, ‘desc’: ‘No such object’}
[2017-12-05 00:03:00,054] [INFO] LDAP group sync result: add [0]group, update [0]group, delete [0]group

HI, I have the same problem.
But all my grous have existing uid…
I’ll keep you informed.

Here is a patche from the support

The sync process stopped because it can’t find the a member dn in that group and then skipped the group syncing, you can try to modify the code file seafile-server-latest/pro/python/seafevents/ldap_syncer/ldap_group_sync.py,

line 115: change ‘return None’ to ‘continue’,
line 171: change ‘return None’ to ‘continue’
modify the code at the same position(indent), hope it works for you.

Yes it works

Do you plan to fix it in the next release, @daniel.pan ?

Thank you for catching the bug. We will merge the fix soon.