Not able to start Seafile

Hey all I’m running Seafile 5.1.4 on a Raspberry Pi using Nginx. I deleted my /tmp/ file yesterday (relating to Seafile) because the CSS looked janky and now I get this error in the runtime logs and am unable to start Seafile.

Exception AttributeError: "'SyncClient' object has no attribute '_connfd'" in <bound method SyncClient.__del__ of <ccnet.sync_client.SyncClient object at 0x74702710>> ignored

Can someone help me out? I really don’t have a clue what this means.

I hit the same error today. In my case, I had removed PORT entries from [Network] and [Client] sections as suggested in the manual

Here are systemd messages I received:

Exception AttributeError: "'SyncClient' object has no attribute '_connfd'" in <bound method SyncClient.__del__ of <ccnet.sync_client.SyncClient object at 0x7f8053
Error happened during creating seafile admin.

Once I reinstated the PORT entries in ccnet.conf, the seahub started normally. It seems there is some disconnect between what the manual says and what the code actually expects.

FWIW, I am running the latest 6.0.3 server on Ubuntu 16.04.

That’s a bug in the code. Thanks for reporting this, we’ll fix it in next release. FYI https://github.com/haiwen/ccnet-server/pull/1

Thanks for the quick fix.

However, I believe the document should be changed to NOT say that the port is no longer used. From looking at the code, port is still used, but it just defaults to 10001 if omitted from the ccnet.conf. Document should say this setting is optional and if omitted it defaults to 10001.