OnlyOffice Integration via Subfolder (Seafile and OnlyOffice Document Server running in Docker)

Seahub_settings.py looks fine to me.

This might be pretty far out but OnlyOffice Tech Support suggested I try:

/ds-vpath/web-apps/apps/api/documents/api.js

instead of

/web-apps/apps/api/documents/api.js

No explanation was given but maybe you can give it a try.

Another thing, if DNS is an issue with your setup, like maybe you’re running a test server on a captive network or perhaps there’s a firewall issue, you can spin-up the oods container with a specified DNS server.

Default (uses Google 8.8.8.8):

docker run -dit -p 88:80 --restart always --name oods onlyoffice/documentserver

Specifying DNS (e.g. 80.80.80.80):

docker run -dit -p 88:80 --dns=80.80.80.80 --restart always --name oods onlyoffice/documentserver

More on configuring Docker containers can be found here.

Hi,

thank you for your help.

It works. Finally.

I changed following “client_max_body_size 100M; # Limit Document size to 100MB” in the nginx configuration file. The missing M :slight_smile:. and the specified DNS Server got it working.

The M is also very important for getting the Print Function working correctly.

Thank you all for your hints and help.

But I would still like to know from @DerDanilo where he sees a security flaw.

As I understood your setup initially, you run all services on their instances in plain http. The reverse proxy then provides SSL hence encrypts the traffic.
Since you don’t run a special DMZ or SERVICE LAN all clients that have access to your LAN can read unencrypted traffic. That’s the security flaw I ment.
Either encrypt traffic already on the LAN layer or have a special network only for those services.

Could you place the settings to make it work please. I ran docker to seafile, mysql, memcached each in a different container and it works. But when trying with an onlyoffice container, it reads me well when I put domain: 88 but then when I configure nginx to read as a subfolder it doesn’t listen anymore. Another problem is that when I restart the seafile container or it simply dies, I lose the nginx configuration.