OnlyOffice Mobile App

I haven’t been able to install only office yet on my server as I am using Apache, and the directions aren’t complete.
My question is can the OnlyOffice Mobile App be connected to your Seafile/OnlyOffice installed server?
I see there are two login options Portal & Personal, Which the Portal login option asks for a Portal Address/Email/Pass, if you enter your Seafile/OnlyOffice domain address (whether it be subdomain or subfolder) will it connect? Can anyone confirm if only subdomain or subfolder connects (or if they both work), so I can set mine up with the proper setup when Apache directions finally do come out.

I know @DerDanilo has been working a lot on this OnlyOffice integration so I am gonna tag you in it for reference or an answer that you may already have.

1 Like

In Seafile only the DocumentServer is integrated, which is enough as we don’t want to supply the whole OnlyOffice Server Suite. So I don’t think that you can connect to it with the native app as it’s much more than the document server.

I have no idea about the onlyoffice mobile app. Can it simply connect to a webdav share? This would then work as to connect to the Seafile app. But do you really want to edit files on your mobile phone?
I think that this function needs to be added via the mobile apps from Seafile but this is not priority in my oppinion. Editing docs on your mobile is just pain. :slight_smile:

Do I want to edit files on a mobile no, but sometimes you have no choice. One thing I am learning is that a lot of the people associated with Seafile don’t really consider road warriors. Take a look at Seafile mobile app and you will see that. I deal a lot with road warriors and 90% of the time the only access they have are mobile apps. For example the team at the office will make the presentation which is obviously desktop, however many times last min changes need to be made just before the presentation to a client which is done by the person in the field. So yes mobile access and editing is needed. For example I do work for a company that has 3 people in the office, the other 28 are all road warriors and exclusively use iPhones and iPads, only when they get back to the hotel do they sit-down at their Surface, to finalize a few things from the day. Which is why I cannot recommend Seafile to them. Plain and simple Seafile has all but forgotten about the mobile platform. My primary job is for a railroad company that has 35k+ employees, of those about 85% are road warriors, they literally see the office on Monday for about an hr. and thats it, they are on the road. They all use Office 365 simply for the great mobile editing. Is it mobile editing the best absolutely not but very much needed.

2 Likes

@daniel.pan

@daniel.pan

Sure would be nice to see Seafile in that list…

2 Likes

Posted this thread to the OnlyOffice devs forum.

1 Like

So even with WebDav enabled with Seafile, I don’t think the app will work, simply due to the fact that the OnlyOffice docker instance doesn’t actually save anything to one of it’s mapped locations like it normally does when installed as a standalone system, but rather simply servers as a temporary medium for Seafile, with everything being saved right back to Seafile.

Which I’m not sure that is correct because, OnlyOffice with Nextcloud/Owncloud integration allows you to use the app for editing and etc. So it seems it would be possible with Seafile as well.

@daniel.pan @DerDanilo
Can you verify this, or is it a config error?