Original picture size vs synced picture size

@daniel.pan
Is there any change to see an update soon? “Losing” metadata (see above) is really getting frustrating!
Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Actually we don’t loosing metadata as pictures in JPG format support different compression level. What Seafile app has done is using specific level of compression to read and upload the photo.

Anyway we will look into the problem within two months. Currently, we have other urgent tasks.

1 Like

Hello,

This seems only happening in the iOS Version of the Client !?
Under Andoid it seems working for me.
Is there any Update Plan ? Thank You.

Info:

Best Regards
Markus

Hello,

Are there any updates ?

Thank you !

As I explained, the concept of “original picture size” does not make much sense in iOS. In iOS 11, it uses .heic format, which you can’t use the original format when export to other systems since most other systems don’t support .heic yet. So it make more sense to discuss what resolution to use when exporting files.

Agreed, .heic is a damn stupid move from Apple.

1 Like

I think it would still make sense to upload the photos as they are. Optionally you could allow the user to to also upload them as JPEG to be able to view them with any program he wants to. But at least using an iPhone the heic images should still be viewable and many iPhone users also use a Mac (I think) which should support viewing them as well.

1 Like

Which version of your iPhone? If it is iOS 11, there is a new image format called HEIC, which can take up less storage space than JPG. However, HEIC images can only be compatible with iOS 11 as well as macOS High Sierra. Hence, many users use Joyoshare HEIC Converter to convert it to JPG. But you say you can see the picture that with different size, right? Then maybe some version has been done in Seafile. Anyway, be sure about the file extension first.