Other icons for folders in the webinterface

Hi,

I have created a green theme for the webinterface. Now the orange icons for the folders doesn’t fit. I copied a new icon as folder-24.png and folder-192.png to ~/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media/img and it works. Now I have green icons. But after an server update the changes will be lost.

Now I tried another way. I renamed the orioginal img-folder to img_backup and I copied all imgages (incl. the new ones) from ~/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media/img to ~/seahub-data/custom/img and created a sym link:

ln -d -s /home/seafile/seahubdata/custom/img /home/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media

My question: will this changes be lost after an update or will it be kept like the avatar-folder, which is a sym link too?

The changes will be lost after an upgrade. To persist them the best solution would possibly to configure it using nginx. As there can always be new icons after an upgrade there would be a fallback to the seafile-server-latest path for not existing files.

Perhaps the update script could contain a migration for a custom icon folder like the avatar folder and files that are contained in the original folder will be overwritten with that one from the custom folder.

But I wll check if I can solve this with the nginx configuration.