Problems installing seafile pro 6.0.6 via installer script

Hi,

I’ve tried to install seafile-pro 6.0.6 on Ubuntu Server 16.04.1 LTS using the installer script as described here. I ran into some problems:

1. Wrong Seafile localhost IP?

Ouput says:
---------------------------------
This is your configuration
---------------------------------

server name: seafile
server ip/domain: 127.0.1.1

Where does the 127.0.1.1 come from? Shouldn’t it be 127.0.0.1 ?!

2. Start-/Stop

Output says:

Starting productive Seafile server Job for seafile-server.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status seafile-server.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Could this be because of Ubuntu’s change from SysVinit to systemd? Isn’t this reflected in the installer script yet?

So, after the installation has finished, seafile seems to run but I can’t connect through webbrowser.

Besides that; I’ve noticed some more things in the installer script:

3. Data for self-signed SSL certificate

In the script, the (old) information from Seafile GmbH is hardcoded:
countryName = DE stateOrProvinceName = Bayern localityName = Wiesentheid organizationName = Seafile organizationalUnitName = Seahub emailAddress = postmaster@$(hostname -d)

I can change this on my own for me but maybe it would be better, to ask this information at the beginning of installation.

4. Firewall installation and configuration

Other than stated in the feature overview here, a firewall (e.g. ufw) isn’t being installed or configured by the installer-script! So it would be great to either change the feature description or better, to add the firewall installation/configuration to the script:

apt-get install ufw fail2ban -y

for i in ssh http https ; do ufw allow $i ; done
yes | ufw enable`

5. Perfect Forward secrecy

Would be great to have perfect forward secrecy configuration in the installer script.

Thanks in advance for any hints, thoughts or ideas!

Cheers,
Jochen

1 Like