Published wiki : inserting files links to a private url (unauthorized)

Hi,

On pro 7.011

On a published library “Wiki” :

I open the main home.md file from this url

*/published/wiki/home.md

The url is now :

*/lib/4e215124-aa71-4e82-a4b8-6865e91ec9cb/file/home.md?mode=edit

I insert files from the library

all links are non-public and leads to an unautorized page

*/lib/4e215124-aa71-4e82-a4b8-6865e91ec9cb/file/7.%20Wifi/Guide%20Eduroam.pdf

I think the problem occurs when editing the home.md file.

Should it be opened in public url ?

How can you insert files with public url ?

One more question : from previous 7.0 beta version, it was possible to publish a wiki into a group or into seafile users. This option was interesting : clould it be added back ? (i’m not sure.)

What are you feedback, @daniel.pan ?

Regards,

Gautier

To enable file download in published wikis, you need to use the URL of the download link for the file, like docker-compose.yml - Seafile Cloud

A download link is automatically created for the root folder of the library.

In this way, all file anonymous download is done via the save interface. This make download audit easy which is needed by many users.

from previous 7.0 beta version, it was possible to publish a wiki into a group or into seafile users. This option was interesting : clould it be added back

You can share the library to the user or the group. The published wiki will show in their wiki list.

Hi, I think i’m very confused. Such questions were already discussed in a previous thread about seafiledocs : SeafileDocs updates (v1.1.0): File tags improvement and simplified draft and review process - #2 by gauburtin

I tried but I don’t understand how to achieve this only with links.
I remember an upload button that saved the file in a 'download" folder…

I was thinking about limiting access to a published wiki. But i suppose that browsing the library in the context of a group is the same.

The rule is simple. If you want a file to be downloaded by anonymous user, you should use the share link url of the file. You can generate the share link manually for the file and paste it to the Markdown file.

Hi [quote=“daniel.pan, post:4, topic:10434”]
The rule is simple. If you want a file to be downloaded by anonymous user, you should use the share link url of the file. You can generate the share link manually for the file and paste it to the Markdown file.
[/quote]
Hi Daniel,

Yes, the rule is simple… But the feature is confusing.

When you edit a MD File in a published library, you have a button “insert file” (by which you suppose that you can insert a link to the file that will word in public context.
But it does work only in private context.

Maybe you cloud add an option to insert the link as a public download link (that is : “make the link public”) ?

regards

Thanks for the suggestion. We will think about it.

Yeah :grinning: :smiley: