Relative links in markdown

Hi, I’ve only just got seafile running (Docker on mac) so apologies if this is obvious. I’m trying to use relative links in markdown. I want to share some notes with a markdown overview explaining what the other files are in the folder with links to them.

From what I’ve seen relative links should work but something like [File](file.pdf) fails both in the web interface when I’m logged in (“Sorry, but the requested page could not be found”) and if I share the folder by link (again page not found). Using the file link generated by the markdown editor works if I’m logged in but asks a user to log in if they click on it, which defeats the share by link option.

The following [File](?p=/file.pdf) works when using a share by a link, but not when I’m logged in and using the web interface. I’ve not found any documentation for the parameter p, instead I took a guess based on the url displayed when you hover over a link. Is there documentation somewhere for the parameters? Is it possible to just have [File](file.pdf) or [File](./file.pdf) with some setting somewhere? The reason this forms is preferable is that the links will also work when viewed in a markdown editor when working with the files on a shared drive.