Sea file Newbie, learning, Seafile on VPS and block storage

Hi, to everyone

I was able to install Seafile on a VPS
Centos OS 7
The same provider it’s providing block storage.

I was able to mount block storage /mnt/extrastorage

VPS HD space 25GB
block storage HD space 50GB

I want seafile to use 50GB block storage

I search so far without any positive result on how to accomplish this.

You could place the seafile installation dir on the 50GB HDD (that’s what i would recommend) or just the seafile-data to another place:

To do so: Modify file seafile.ini under ccnet. This file contains the location of seafile-data. Move seafile-data to another place, like /opt/new/seafile-data. Then modify the file accordingly.

• OR -

Create a symbolic link to the new folder like: ln -s /mnt/data/seafile/seafile-data/ /home/seafile/seafile-data

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, followed your instructions and I think I got it, not sure LoL i cannot find where to check available HD space under seafile. I will start uploading files and will find out soon.
Thanks for your help!

Just use df -h to check the available disk space. The output should look like this:

[root@ysc ~]# df -h

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/cciss/c0d0p2      75G   23G   49G  32% /
/dev/cciss/c0d0p5      24G   22G  1.2G  95% /home
/dev/cciss/c0d0p3      29G   25G  2.6G  91% /data
/dev/cciss/c0d0p1     289M   22M  253M   8% /boot
tmpfs                 252M     0  252M   0% /dev/shm

Hey,
Wanted to ask the same question.

I’m completely new to seafile.
I wanted to install seafile on a VPS using proxmox,
Was going to dedicate a 120gb ssd drive to the seafile server, and I have 14tb Seagate Exos HDD I wanted to add as the actual storage for all the files.

Would you recommend the same thing or any differences in the new versions of seafile?

There should be no difference, but i would maybe recommend to place all (seafile installation dir and data dir) on the HDD, everything else like the database and OS should be on the SSD.