SeaDrive 2.0.1 is ready for testing

Hello,
Optimization does not yet seem optimal.

You will find the latest logs for indexing windows files here

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\GatherLogs\SystemIndex

From my side we can see that it indexes this type of directory :
C:/Users/XXX/seadrive_root/
C:\Users\XXX\seadrive\

Here’s how windows will exclude the directory temp from indexing

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\CrawlScopeManager\Windows\SystemIndex\WorkingSetRules\17]
"URL"="file:///C:\\[c254f7f7-6470-4c75-9510-a582c136757b]\\Windows\\*\\temp\\"
"Include"=dword:00000000
"Suppress"=dword:00000000
"Default"=dword:00000001
"Policy"=dword:00000000
"NoContent"=dword:00000000

You could do this style of things

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\CrawlScopeManager\Windows\SystemIndex\WorkingSetRules\14]
"URL"="file:///C:\\[c254f7f7-6470-4c75-9510-a582c136757b]\\Users\\*\\seadrive\\"
"Default"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\CrawlScopeManager\Windows\SystemIndex\WorkingSetRules\15]
"URL"="file:///C:\\[c254f7f7-6470-4c75-9510-a582c136757b]\\Users\\*\\seadrive_root\\"
"Default"=dword:00000000

The difficulty now is to be able to change the number “[c254f7f7-6470-4c75-9510-a582c136757b” which seems different for each computer.

In addition to being able to add values ​​to this tree structure which seems non-changeable, not authorized by Windows

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\CrawlScopeManager\Windows\SystemIndex\WorkingSetRules

Hi, where can I download the linux version beta? I can only see a Windows version.

I see that in this version of Seadrive we no longer have the management of the Seadrive cache? Is this a function that will return?

Hi Jacky,
please have look here: https://download.seafile.com/published/seafile-user-manual/drive_client/drive_client_2.0_for_windows_10.md#user-content-How%20do%20I%20clean%20the%20cache?

We’ll update the translation in the next version. There are other new strings to be updated.

Updates to Mac and Linux are also scheduled. There is no change to the virtual drive functionality for Mac and Linux though. The only new addition is encrypted library support.

1 Like

Hi @jacky35

It is possible to exclude the SeaDrive cache folder in Windows search. Actually we disabled the old cached folder in SeaDrive 1.0 to avoid a confusing situation: users may accidentally open the file in the cache folder instead of the one in virtual drive when use the Windows search. But in SeaDrive 2.0, the mechanism is changed. The users should open the file in the cache folder directly. There is NO internal, user-invisible cache any more.

Excluding the cache folder from Windows search will make the files un-searchable in Windows search. This can confuse some users.

I think the “issue” you observed is a natural consequence of having too many files in the virtual drive. Even though Windows search won’t index the file contents, it still has to index the file names. This can take time and CPU. Once it’s done, it should not use too much CPU time in the future. I think having the virtual drive work smoothly with Windows search is one advantage of using the Windows native API.

I myself have about 20,000 files in the virtual drive. After the index servicing running for a while, now it never takes much CPU time anymore.

Is it possible to use multiple accounts to different servers with version 2?

It is. But you have to switch between them.

Example: When you are connected to two different servers, you do not have two nodes in your navigation. The the account selected is the one kept in sync.

I see, thanks. Would be nice to have multiple accounts enabled at once.

Thanks @Jonathan, that is exactly why I’m looking forward to the Linux version as I was not able to use Seadrive before as all my libraries are encrypted.

Hello,
I have a little weird behavior at the Cache level.

The “Free up space” option works very well when files have been downloaded from a library on the server.

However, if I add files from my computer to a library with the help of the Seadrive reader.
10go approx. I am waiting for synchronization to be ok with the server
Then I want to use The “Free up space” option, in this specific case nothing happened.
Not a single byte was released on the disk.

Hi @jacky35

I tested with smaller files (60MB) and it works. “Free up space” only works after the file is synced to the server and marked as “green tick”. Do you have a green tick status on the file? Does it work after you restart SeaDrive?

Hello,

When starting automaticly Seafile (7.04 or 7.07) and Seadrive at logon :

then :

But no problem to start Seadrive “manually” after this errors.

Is it to possible to do something like this (Seafile Sync client) to preconfigure the client for automatic deployment ?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Seafile]
"PreconfigureKeepConfigWhenUninstall"="1"
"PreconfigureServerAddr"="https://XXX
"PreconfigureDirectory"="%USERPROFILE%"
"PreconfigureServerAddrOnly"="1"
"HideConfigurationWizard"="1"

Hi,

Is this version also compatible with a terminal server?
Right now i receive an error that cldapi.dll is missing.

Any idea?

This will be solved in the next version.

You have to use Windows 10 1709 or later. The new API is only available from that version on. I think there is a corresponding Windows server 2016 1709 update too.

All necessary pre-configure options for SeaDrive will be compatible. But some options don’t apply to SeaDrive (only make sense in sync client), so they won’t work.

Yes Windows 2019…