SeaDrive 2.0.1 is ready for testing

No, I just use the one account.

I do have both SeaDrive and the normal SeaFile Client (7.0.7) on the same machine. I mainly use files in directories synced by SeaFile but use SeaDrive for accessing less frequently used files (and also when I need to search by filename as I’m using the Community Edition of the server which doesn’t allow searching).

I’d been cleaning out files from one library (in a SeaFile synced folder), but otherwise I hadn’t done anything unusual. So I can’t really throw much light on the precise circumstances which triggered the issue (nor reproduce it).

However, the results sound very similar - in my case the files were deleted in about 10 of 30 libraries, the remaining ones being unaffected, and in the 10 libraries which were impacted almost all files were deleted (there were a couple of cases where a few files in the root of the library remained), but all directories remained.

Matthew

This may happen when you quit the client, switch users, or logout users. I think the cause is that Windows cloud files API will remove all placeholder files in the virtual drive whenever it’s unmounted. Somehow the client get notified with this deletion events and remove the files on the server as well. This may be a race condition that wasn’t handled well in the code, even though we’ve known and tried to handle it in the current code. We’ll look into the issue.

This is due to the fact that we unmount the virtual drive when handling such actions. Windows automatically remove all placeholder files and we have no control over it. I’m now wondering whether it’s necessary to unmount the virtual drive.

Hi @mdovey,

Can you share your seadrive.log for analysis? You can upload it here: https://download.seafile.com/u/d/5cd866f6eb6741999afc/

Hi @jacky35

I tested with smaller files (60MB) and it works. “Free up space” only works after the file is synced to the server and marked as “green tick”. Do you have a green tick status on the file? Does it work after you restart SeaDrive?

Hello,
I just re-tested with Seadrive 2.0.2 same problem.
If you use the “Free up space” function on a parent folder.
If there are many files, there is no guarantee that the space is freed.

Many files are in an uncertain state for an unknown reason.

I do not know if it is Seadrive or WIndows which is not doing its job well. But one thing is certain, the work is poorly done.

There should be a mechanism that will execute for each file -> “Free up space”

I agree that it is heavier to manage but it seems more effective to me.

It works in this way already. Windows will call free up space for each file in the folder if you choose free up space for a folder.

Do you have relevant logs for this?

Hello, I have a Windows server 2016 acting as terminal server, fully patched and updated as of today (23rd June 2021). When trying to install SeaDrive 2.0.14 I have the error message “The application can only be run on Windows 10 1709 or higher”.
How can I get the installation process to compelte ?

Thanks !

You cannot.

Windows Server 2016 does not support Windows Cloud Files API, which SeaDrive 2 uses. Windows Cloud API was introduced in Windows 1709, which was released end of 2017. Windows Server predates this date.

PS: Why do you post your question in a thread on SeaDrive 2.0.1 when using SeaDrive 2.0.14?

Thanks for your feedback, I as not aware of this limitation on Windows server 2016.
I’ll start another conversation to avoid polluting this thread