SeaDrive 2.0.3 is released!

@Jonathan: Thanks for your detailed response!

It is great news that the always-keep-in-sync-issue will be addressed in the next version!

I was stupid enough not to save the log file for the update issue. So I won’t be able to send you one in the short term. Apologies!

I like @shoeper’s idea for the context menu! That’d be a great one!

Regarding the 8-digit user account hash: I understand the motivation for not using servername_username for ther user folder’s name - and I recall the discussion about this after the release of SeaDrive 2.0.0. I also realize that SeaDrive’s support of multiple user accounts adds a extra level of complexity - one that OneDrive does not have. All the more reasons to think about how to solve it in a user friendly way. :wink:

I think your suggestion is a good one as it mitigates the confusion problem. But it is not the entire story: Applications continue to use the full path (C:\Users.…) and they show it, no matter if a file was opened from the shortcut location or the seadrive_root folder (see screenshot below).

I don’t know if there is a technical solution to the problem. Maybe there isn’t. But rather than a hash, wouldn’t the local part of the account’s email address be better?

1 Like